Accuracy on 180 grain Nosler Silvertips

Zstingray

I shoot long range (1000 Yd.) competition and projectiles (Berger 200gr 20x) have become unobtainable. So I decided to load some 180 grain Nosler Silvertip bullets with 42 grains of H-4895 on LC once fired military brass as fouling shots. That would spare some of the unobtainable bullets.
Suprise - they shot as well at 100 yards as my highly tunned competition loads. I didn't trickle the charge or test seating dept. These rounds were highly effective on hogs out of my LWRC AR10.

I shoot long range (1000 Yd.) competition and projectiles (Berger 200gr 20x) have become unobtainable. So I decided to load some 180 grain Nosler Silvertip bullets with 42 grains of H-4895 on LC once fired military brass as fouling shots. That would spare some of the unobtainable bullets.
Suprise - they shot as well at 100 yards as my highly tunned competition loads. I didn't trickle the charge or test seating dept. These rounds were highly effective on hogs out of my LWRC AR10.

Not surprised at all. The bc isn't gonna be as high as vld type bullets to 1000 but Nosler ballistic tips have been some of the most accurate "zero load development" bullets I've ever seen alongside the flat based versions of hornady interlocks and also hammer bullets.

Not surprised at all. The bc isn't gonna be as high as vld type bullets to 1000 but Nosler ballistic tips have been some of the most accurate "zero load development" bullets I've ever seen alongside the flat based versions of hornady interlocks and also hammer bullets.
I've been shooting them almost since they came out. I load the 150 and 168 in a 300 wm, 30.06, 300 ultra and other weights in different calibers and have never had 1 fail to expand or any accuracy problems. I've yet to load any caliber with them any reasonable load that didn't work.

I used the Nosler BT and Silvertips for many years and they always delivered on both game and paper. I switched to Barnes TTSX (after they fixed the high pressure issues) with similar ballistic performance and greater penetration on game...which is all I was looking for. Punching paper only, any of those mentioned above work well.