Nosler Accubond Accuracy

Summa724

I have a Remington 300wm LR.
I worked up a load with 180 grain accubonds that is working pretty good.
My question is at what range does the accubond begin to lose accuracy?

Attachments

• IMG_20170305_131641285.jpg
    IMG_20170305_131641285.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
There are better bullets more suited for shooting longer distances. The lower BC of the Accubond bullet has them dropping more than higher BC bullets at distances over 500 yards.

My 300 Win Mag shoots the 180g Accubond very well out to 600 yards. They almost group as well as the 200 g ELD-X at that distance. I have not shot them further than that.

For Hunting I wouldn't hesitate shooting out to 600 yards with them.

Ok. Yea I was kinda thinking around the 600 Range also.
The furthest I have shot with it is 636 yards and it's still grouping nice.

You won't notice much difference in trajectory compared to the heavier bullets until you get past 900 yards. There is only one thing that significantly affects trajectory, and that is time of flight. A 180 grain Accubond and a 215 Berger Hybrid will get to 1000 yards at about the same time so the amount of drop will be roughly the same. The Accubond will reach 500 yards quicker than the Berger so it actually shoots flatter at that distance. You will get more wind drift with the lighter bullet which is the reason many people prefer the heavier, high-BC bullets.

Accuracy shouldn't be an issue. If you're shooting 1/2 MOA at 200 yards you should see the same level of accuracy at longer ranges. You might see greater vertical dispersion if you have a lot of variation in muzzle velocity between shots. Shooting in a variable wind can cause groups to open up as well. But as far as the Accubond itself losing accuracy its not going to happen. The bullets will eventually lose stability but not until they're past 1500 yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.