Accuracy from light hunting magnums

I have a Tikka t3 Super lite in 7mm rem mag and it shoots 1/2 MOA. I've only had it for about 6 months and I'm thinking it will be my exclusive long range hunting rifle, seriously it's that freaking impressive! Oh and it weighs 6.0 lbs bare bones. Recoil is not bad, I can track my shots no problem, there is a nice sharp punch though...

Sub-MOA, always.

Just shoot slow when testing or you will not find the accuracy you want. Though you could makes Smores on the barrel and be happy for different reasons.

I expect the same as any other rifle, they just have to be handled a little different, trigger pull and how you hold it are far more critical.

If it truly shoots sub half minute groups right off the shelf, that's about as good as anyone expects from any rifle regardless of make....just enjoy it while it lasts, now get it out on the long ranges and see what happens

Im definitely finding it hard to be precise with a 3-9x scope and a big kicker haha.

I know excuses excuses.

My truly lightweight rifles are not expensive rifles and I usually limit my range to 500 yards with them. One in a 243 shoots 1/2 moa. One in 7-08 shoots 3/4 moa. And one in 30-06 kicks like a mule with anything 150 grain or larger so I recently loaded some 125 grain loads for this season that shoot 1" but I'm sure that will do better with more load work. That was just the first load I tried. But all of these rifles are a pleasure to carry as they weight 6.5 pounds. Scope not included. If I need to shoot farther than 500 I carry a heavier gun.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.