Accubond LR minimum velocity testing

Natrix

Sorry if this thread already exsists but i cant find the info im looking for.

Has anyone actually tested the the accubond lr's to verify the manufactures claim of 1300fps minimum velocity for reliable expansion?

Thanks

nothing too scientific but I did shoot a piece of poplar tree with a 277" 150gr ABLR @ 1500 fps (Trailboss load) and it expanded and retained 90%

nothing too scientific but I did shoot a piece of poplar tree with a 277" 150gr ABLR @ 1500 fps (Trailboss load) and it expanded and retained 90%
Shooting into hard tissue like wood or dirt is much different than soft tissue. It cant help but smash some hitting hard tissue.

If someone would like to start testing some of these bullets in 10% gelatin at low velocity impacts around 1300fps just to see if noslers claim is true that would be great! The .284 168 and 175 and also the .30 cal 210 would be my choice of candidates if i were to do this...i wish i could btw it sounds fun but i have nor the time or resources at the moment.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.