Minimum Impact Velocity For a 200 WC?

Ernie

SPONSOR
For those of you who have used the 7mm 200 grain Wildcat bullet on game what was the slowest impact velocity you had with good results?

I didn't have time to set the Oehler up before the shot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif, but my deer last year took a Wildcat 200 grainer at a computer estimated 2100 fps. My elk cooperated by taking the same bullet at a computer estimated 2275 fps. The elk finally stopped the bullet after it travelled almost full length in the body and the deer tried, but couldn't stop the Wildcat and the bullet exited.

The above were both fire form loads so they were creeping along pretty slow when they dribbled out the end of the barrel, but that thing holds it's velocity pretty good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kirby had good results on his Canadian deer but he'd have to give you the estimated velocity on that one.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.