Accubond Fail?

KyleC

I was doing a little inventory and discovered this mess. Out of 50, 35 had the tips broken or more like crumbled off the bullet nose. I've had this box for probably 10 years on my shelf in my reloading room which is a spare bedroom. Temps always stay between 65-75. The smell from these resemble rotten fish at low tide.

Attachments

• IMG_1555 (2).JPG
    IMG_1555 (2).JPG
    668.1 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_1553 (2).JPG
    IMG_1553 (2).JPG
    797.4 KB · Views: 235
I had a couple boxes of 30 cal bullets do the same thing also about 10 years old… different lots, and had some factory loaded .300 WMs do it too. Honestly it pushed me away from them and I am pretty much just sticking with non tipped bullets now. They started failing at about 7 years and about 70% of them failed. Had a couple hundred rounds loaded for a hunting rifle I would lend to people but doesn't get shot otherwise

I had some 200 grain .30 cal in 1 box that did this. They had been on the shelf for awhile. My I understanding was that nosler had some runs with bad tips. If you had these, Nosler would replace. I haven't seen any accubonds in 7mm or .30 cal for over 3 years....what would they replace them with? Gonna have to switch to hornady....