Accubond bullets

I bought them at a retailer about 2 years ago. They haven't been in heat or anything like that I keep them in a wood cabinet along with my powder and primers and all that.

I just received a sealed box from a private party and noticed same thing roughly 5-6 of the plastic tips are broken off. 😒

this was a problem years ago with older lots but have not heard of it in the newer lots in the last couple of years. I was told it was a reaction with the flux used in the bonding process and that the problem was solved by the people at Nosler
I had a bunch same cal,same weight that had a mushroom where polymer tip meets the copper,sent then back

I had some 270 cal back in April of 2015. Wrote to Nosler and they replaced them no charge. Used the defective ones for plinking.

Attachments

• 01CDB51A-76AE-4CFB-BB0F-0E086A880D9E.jpeg
    01CDB51A-76AE-4CFB-BB0F-0E086A880D9E.jpeg
    476.5 KB · Views: 123
  • 50476674-84D0-4231-B31C-4A057053D533.jpeg
    50476674-84D0-4231-B31C-4A057053D533.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 114
I have 400 or 500 or more in 165gr 308cal and 200gr in 338cal. The worst is I don't open a box up until I needed them. The other is I will buy there bullets as I come across them in a store. They have preformed great for me over the years. I guess I will get my surprise when I open the box of chocolate up. Thanks for the info, and I would shoot them if I come across that at targets.
I would think that they wouldn't function as well down range, but up close Not a problem. That would chuck up as a free box of bullets to just keep your eye and form up.

I had the same experience as others above with quick and friendly replacement by Nosler after a call and giving them the lot #'s of the bullets.
It is concerning that the problems from years ago are showing up again. Quality control may not be as good as I was imagining it to be???

I must have spoke with the wrong person at Nosler or possibly he was having a bad day. Had two older boxes of 338 bullets that when I opened the boxes their was corrosion on most of the bonded area's. Nosler said they were an older bullet and didn't want to do anything, so I pressed the issue and he finally agreed to send replacement bullets. When they arrived to my surprise he had sent a package of 10 coated bullets. Needless to say I was very disappointed.

I had the same problem a few years back and with .308 180grAB's. About half the box had tips broken off or completely out along with a lot of staining on all the bullets, and I took photos and emailed Nosler about the issue. They said they would send replacements, but when the package arrived, they had placed only 15 new bullets into a small plastic zip bag and shipped.

Since they did not want the bad bullets back and after hand polishing, I used them for short range deer loads in one 30-06 and a 30-30AI Contender

Well thanks for the info I'm not sure if I'll use the ones the tips broke out of or not but I know anymore I push on them before I push them in that case

I was wondering if anyone else has ever ran into this problem with accubond bullets. I got five boxes all the same lot number. And I have about a box of them now that the tips are broke off. A lot of them are already broke off in the box when I open it.
Wow never have had that happen but then again I haven't purchased any in the last year. Send them back they will make good I'm sure

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts