A5 or GP Hunting Stock (adj)

soren

I wanted to get some feedback on stocks. I am going to have a .338 Edge rifle built. I don't want it to be too heavy. I want to be able to pack it so I would say 14-15lbs. tops including my 5.5x22 NXS. I already have a .308 with a heavy A2, 26" #6 Hart and a HS Precision GP stock on my .280 ack. They both have their purposes: I am leaning toward a 28" fluted barrel w/ a brake. Maybe a #5 or 6 if it is not too wippy in such a caliber.

Thanks for the thread info. I really liked those two rifles when I saw them. I'm going to bet that the Manners carbon fiber stock is lighter than the heavy McMillan A-2 that I have on my .308. Your rifle weight is better than I expected with a 31" barrel. Do they carry ok when slung up? What can you tell me about the fluted bolt?

To be honest, I haven't carried it with sling yet. My guess is that it's going to be barrel heavy on a sling. The fluted bolt is primarily cosmetic, and was done by Kampfeld Customs....it might save a little weight but I doubt it's enough to worry about.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.