A Man and His Rifle

The 3 Amigos have character. Stick-um all over. The more the better.. glued to your jacket and glove

The Tres Amigos.jpg

I love all my guns I have only one synthetic stock rifle and looking for a really nice wood stock to replace it with all the rifle up until now are wood stock but looking at building a custom with a nice synthetic stock my favorite is my .280 since I sold an old cow my grandpa and grandma gave me used that money and money from a first gen glock my cousin gave me and told me to sell that rifle has accounted for most of my kills and just means a lot to me I say if I ever pass that gun is going to the grave with me

Attachments

• 5BE264C2-C32E-4D9B-BDB1-B99923FBA096.jpeg
    5BE264C2-C32E-4D9B-BDB1-B99923FBA096.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 88
I'm more of a 4x4 guy myself, I'm just hard on ****,,, but I have infatuation with fine, extremely well figured wood rifles that point like a fine English shotgun .. in fact I have 3 in my safe that probably will only the see the woods a few times but **** they perty!! This one is built on a G series model 70 that I bought original when Winchester decided too make a few 300 ultra mags.. fast forward quite a few years and yes its still a 300 ultra but just way better now after I got done with it!!😁View attachment 322146View attachment 322147View attachment 322151View attachment 322152View attachment 322153View attachment 322150
A factory K80 stock of that grade will buy several nice rifles. Your stock is about as good as it gets - very, very nice indeed!

That link will have me drooling when I pour over it later. I've had 5 Cooper rifles and a couple older Browning's that had spectacular upgraded wood. Good shooters all, but it just pained me to hunt hard with them. I still have two of the Cooper's, and a Browning Citori with pretty decent wood, but my real using rifles now are CF and stainless steel. They're customs and treated like the fine precision tools they are, but it doesn't bother me a bit when one is propped up against a tree covered in snow and ice while I'm quartering an elk.

One of my rifles that stand out among the rest is a small ring Mexican Mauser 7 mm x57 that my dad built . We found some brand new never fired in the white military barrels in shotgun news for 33.00 each for large ring mausers. My dad being a gun and stock maker took the barrel turned the shank down and rethreaded it for the small ring Mauser cut and crowned it , installed it and headspaced it off of a new piece of brass ,drilled and taped it , altered the bolt lapped the lugs and bolt face and built a beautiful English walnut stock with 24 lines too the inch no boarder checkering . I installed a Weaver 3x9 scope bore sighted it went too my range with some factory Hornady 139 gr interlocks and shot a four shot ragged hole dead nuts zero one in high at a 100 yds and have not made one scope adjustment. I haven't shot it since that's my story of my dad me and his rifle I inherited .
I always appreciate hearing about 7MM Mauser - 7 X 57. I have my Dad's Interarms Carbine 7mm and my son appropriated my Mauser FN Belgium 7MM. We used both this past Nov. hunting in SE Alaska. They are perfect for the job at hand...Thanks for sharing. ME

I have a few nice wood stocked rifles . A couple Sako's, etc.. I just can't bring myself to taking them out and hunting hard with them. One Sako has beautiful wood on it and has sentimental value to me. It's a 300 win. mag. With a Luepold 4.5x12x40 one inch scope on it. It's only had 12 rounds through it. 9 were me sighting it in for a good friend. Now days most of my rifles are synthetic and stainless. I still try not to abuse them but when I do it doesn't bother me. Scopes on them are another story.

I have a few nice wood stocked rifles . A couple Sako's, etc.. I just can't bring myself to taking them out and hunting hard with them. One Sako has beautiful wood on it and has sentimental value to me. It's a 300 win. mag. With a Luepold 4.5x12x40 one inch scope on it. It's only had 12 rounds through it. 9 were me sighting it in for a good friend. Now days most of my rifles are synthetic and stainless. I still try not to abuse them but when I do it doesn't bother me. Scopes on them are another story.
I love wood stock..but when I started buying haunting rifles, I opted for synthetic and kept my wood in the safe.