A loooong shot !

Bullet TOF plus time for sound to get back to you, so maybe 6 sec bullet TOF + 18 sec for sound travel time
It takes a 550 grain bullet 6 seconds to reach two miles on the average for impact. That is using the common setups seen in the long distance shooting events. We as spotters will usually count down in our head after the shot in order to have a better sense of a impact off target or on for making corrections.

JH

Ok I get it....but what really impress me is this.....

or this

One lucky shot doesn't trump 5 or even 10 shots in a row.

No matter how you count it, this is impressive. Major effort with lots of assistance. Consider this is a "small step" and how much longer before someone repeats and maybe even extends the range? I'm not interested in flying faster than the speed of sound but I'm impressed with the people who do it. This was impressive...even if he took twice as many shots.

Not that impressed, on the 69th shot, if you throw enough darts, sooner or later one will end up in the middle of the board, even if you are blindfolded!

Dammm... glad I have some bread and cheese to go with the whine over this achievement. I will bet you they learned a lot to even get remotely close let alone make the hit. This doesn't usurp any ELR accomplishments at all and in fact highlights how impressive ELR really is. How many rockets blew up trying to reach orbit even though non orbital rocket warfare was fine? Any time somebody pushes the envelope of any achievement there WILL ALWAYS be those that just can't seem to see the trees from the forest. I will be real interested in reading the failure to success process they went through to actually get close enough to get a hit

It's 7744 yards. Maybe thinking feet? It's a long ways. A lot of shots. A long flight time. And a lot of money I bet. 👍🏻
http://www.navweaps.com/index_tech/tech-006.php
Scharnhorst and Warspite both landed hits recorded at roughly 26000 yards. For fun, that gives time of flight for Warspite around 45 seconds long (gives an example of just how much better the BC of large artillery is, the muzzle velocity was 2450 fps ).

http://www.navweaps.com/index_tech/tech-006.php
Scharnhorst and Warspite both landed hits recorded at roughly 26000 yards. For fun, that gives time of flight for Warspite around 45 seconds long (gives an example of just how much better the BC of large artillery is, the muzzle velocity was 2450 fps ).
If he would have been shooting at me , he Would have got me on the first shot. All kidding aside that is impressive.