A hot topic, how do you get a hot piece of brass

6pakzak

Thinking of getting a Annie annealer, seems like it would be consistent, I know the amp is good but way to much, any of you guys have an Annie and if you got something else or your own method what is it and are you seeing better consistency in your shooting using that method.

because of the price .i just stick to flames , once you get the heat transfer down for a certain neck i dont think there is a big or difference in result ..

id have to shoot alot more to make that much cash make sense .. or shown it to be more consistant that can be done with flames

try flames the old fashioned way, you can see the consistency

if it wasnt a hobby would you spend 600 for something you use so little

I've seen lots of complaints about the Annie over the last few years and not much help from the company on forums.

Never seen a complaint other than price on the AMP.

Never seen a complaint on flame annealing other that its not an AMP.

You like to test. Do the drill method and use a flame and test a batch of 10-20 vs non annealed. Prove to yourself if it's worth it. You can be very consistent with drill method if you take a minute to set up.

I have been using a propane torch and I use a metronome to keep count and I sit the case on a pocket uniformer, holds the case straight so it don't wobble around like in a socket, sacrificed some old cases to get my timing right although I got some red hot and loaded a dummy round to see if it still holds the bullet with enough tension and seems like it does, just looking at Annie to be more consistent although Im getting consistent shoulder bumps and my neck tension feels the same after I anneal, also found with thicker cases like Lapua I have to add about a second.

I just remembered that long range guy on YouTube, I think his name is cortina, did a test between the amp and his flame annealer, he graphed the differences in sizing and other things and the amp was a little better but when he shot them you couldn't tell any difference.

I just remembered that long range guy on YouTube, I think his name is cortina, did a test between the amp and his flame annealer, he graphed the differences in sizing and other things and the amp was a little better but when he shot them you couldn't tell any difference.
I watched this video also. He had one shot low with the flame annealed. He claims that's enough testing for him to switch. I would have liked to see at least another 2 groups shot to see. I can't justify the cost of an AMP for my needs.