A Factory 1:7.5 Twist 270 Win????? Yes Sir!!! - Thank you Browning

martinakl

Browning X-Bolt Speed Long Range

1677979850276.png

I was looking for more info on their X-Bolt Speed Suppressor ready when I stumbled across this podcast/article that mentioned this new offering:

Browning was well ahead of the curve for production rifles IMO. They were one of first factory rifles to offer faster twist barrels in a number of their rifles. I'm not so sure I would want a 26" barrel if I was running a suppressor, but this should spin those long monos just fine,

Browning was well ahead of the curve for production rifles IMO. They were one of first factory rifles to offer faster twist barrels in a number of their rifles. I'm not so sure I would want a 26" barrel if I was running a suppressor, but this should spin those long monos just fine,
Agreed.

I'm really interested in their X-Bolt Speed Suppressor Ready in 7 PRC, with the 20" barrel.

Also the 204 Ruger and/or the 22-250 with an 18" barrel. I wish they would have gone with a 1:8 twist on the 22-250 (vs. 1:9).

Steyr did a faster twist quite some time ago in their Pro Hunter .270 Win, 1:8.6" IIRC correct, but they were hard to find, and frankly, it might not be the best time to introduce it. Browning's timing is excellent, and I hope it works out for them.

I agree with your stance on the 26" suppressed special with a sporter barrel.

Last edited: