A budding long-range shooter (8 years old)

Ernie

SPONSOR
I was able to do some coaching this week with a 8 year old boy shooting distance with a Savage 6.5-284 Rifle (factory 9T barrel), 3-12 Huskemaw scope, and MAC brake.
Chuck McIntosh was helping coach some as well.
We ended up the day with the young man making multiple connections at 1440 yards.
Very proud of this young man. He also fired a suppressed 300 RUM and made a first shot connection (He only fired the rifle one time) at 500 yards on a 5" square target.
The pics shows him shooting a 6mm Creedmoor and the 300 RUM he shot.

The next day I brought a couple of SP's for him to play with.
284 Win rear grip XP-100 (168 SMK's), McRee Chassis, at 850 yards. He went to 850 after he got bored with 10" targets at 400 and 500 yards.
We ended up having switchy winds, which made things more difficult, but still fun.

And at 750 yards with the 6.5-284 bench pistol.

Can't wait to see how this young man develops as a shooter.
It was a real pleasure coaching him.

It is a real joy helping a kid get started. You let him shoot some nice rigs. Looks like dad may have to start ordering some parts for his own. Dan

always fun for sure!! Last young man I took out (16 years old) had never shot a rifle past about 250-300 yards. I set him behind my 260REMAI shooting 123 gr SMK's out to 790 yards...first shot was a hit, he was pretty amazed!!

Need to get him back out with his little brother (13) and get some longer shots in one of these days!!

At his age my Red Ryder was still just a dream! Very good sir! I also saw this on the Accurate Shooter site.

Nothing better than taking kids shooting. An internet tip of the hat, and handshake to you Ernie. Thanks for sharing it.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts