New long range shooter!

Rich Coyle

Looks like I will join the ranks of the long range shooters next month. Mostly because I fired a 6.5 Creedmoor with an 8" suppressor with sort of a brake as part of the end. It seemed quieter than a .22 long rifle. And clincher was when I read here someone posted they fired one and it was about like subsonic .22 ammo. Lord willing I will get an after market barrel on the way for my Savage next month. has them for $259. They are 26" long with a muzzle diameter of .800"! That should be large enough to thread for the can.

I ordered a Thunder Beast 9 last September to use on a .300 Blackout. But from talking to the guy whose rifle I fired the .300 Blackout is louder, to him, than his Creed with the same can. I'm hoping my 9" will be quieter than his 8". That taxes my information base about suppressors.

You know, for about the same money you can get a much better barrel, custom made and threaded however you want so you don't have to pay extra. Check out BHW Redirect | Columbia River Arms. I use their barrels exclusively in my match rifles. Excellent pipes and priced right at EABCO's level. They do drop in's for Savages.

FYI, Black Hole Weaponry recently changed their name to Columbia River Arms. they're the same outfit. Carl and JP are amazing guys and will definitely set you up right.

If you want to learn about suppressors, head over to silencertalk.com. Be respectful, lurk a bit, read a bunch and ask what you need to and they can be great teachers.

EDIT: If you want to learn about ballistics, check out Sniper101 by TiborasaurusRex on Youtube. It'll save you a lot of money.

BallisticsGuy,

Thanks for trying. Just called them. They want $365 for theirs. The other company charges $249. Since this is an interim rifle until I the stuff for my long range build I will go with the cheaper of the two.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.