New future long range shooter! (New born)

Thanks guys!

We decided about a year and a half ago to try and see what we could do. We are far from dissapointed!

I have a whole new appreciation and respect for my wife as she refused ANY pain drugs during the delivery so our baby could be as perfect as possible. I watched her agonize for some time while refusing anything that would hamper our babies ability to be coherent when she was born and it was her decision entirely!

They are both sleeping right now and it is much needed sleep for mom since she has less than 6 hours of sleep since Friday morning at 0400!

I already have a "hand me down" rifle for her when she is old enough. My old remmy 788 308 winnie that I took my first dall sheep with and my first moose with. This rifle already has much sentamental value to it. And if she really doesent want to get into the sport, then thats OK too. But I will do my best to show her how enjoyable and rewarding shooting sports can be.

Regards!

Congrats on your daughter! It wont be too long before she is out there with you. I have two daughters, the oldest isn't so interested in huntin but my second is always asking when I will take her out next! Was lucky enough to have her along when my father shot hus second deer.

Check out this thread http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f17/48-years-between-deer-37033/

Best wishes to your wife and daughter.

Stu.

Michael,

Your daughter is beautiful. You wife has that wonderful radiance and you......... are a thorn among roses.:D

But on the other hand, one can see that your daughter got her good looks from her dad, as mom still has her's...........

Daughters are the better of the choices. We have 5 of 'em.

Congrats on the beautiful daughter. I could only imaginehow precious a little daughter is. Evidently I don't know how to make'um, I've got a herd of little boys (4 of them). :rolleyes:

Dan

Congratulations, beautiful baby.
You are now living an awesome part of your life. I have a 2 year 8 month old little girl, and I am completely in love, as I am sure you already are.
When I go hunting she cries saying she wants to go deer hunting with daddy.
I guarantee you, she will do the same.
Blessings to you all.

Last edited:
Boy Am I late?

Michael congratulations to you and your wife! It's just the beginning of a definitely different life, which can be much, much more meaningful.

I'll tell you a secret, you will really love the grand children so much that you get to believe you love them more than your own children. The problem is that you do have to have your children first. :)

Enjoy it!!!!

congratulations on the new little one. I have two daughters my self and a female german shorthair and wouldnt trade any of them for the world.

A big CONGRATULATIONS!!!
I have three daughters (and one son) and they are truly blessings from above.

I've been thinking we need to have a calendar set up for us hunters so that our
wives are not due when we are out hunting:D looks like you did pretty good.:D

All the best,
Nate

P.S you looked a little whupped in the picture.... I can relate. Get some rest.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.