9.3x62 Does anyone shoot it?

Crap on a cracker, how lazy can you be? Open the website I provided and have a look for current price.
I looked at the site and I was scolling and it appeared that you had to start an export to find pricing. I just went back and looked, and I missed where it showed the pricing I appreciate the links. Sorry for not being perfect and missing the pricing tab, I was not trying to be lazy.

I looked at the site and I was scolling and it appeared that you had to start an export to find pricing. I just went back and looked, and I missed where it showed the pricing I appreciate the links. Sorry for not being perfect and missing the pricing tab, I was not trying to be lazy.
Fair enough. Just seems that lately the forums I have been posting on have a lot of questions that could easily be answered with a single simple google search. Seems like many of them need to be led by the hand to a solution. I should have got u weren't one of those folks Glad u found the info u needed.

I dipped my toes in. I can still stay out of the pool, but I bought a box of hornady 286gr bullets the other day. They are some big slabs of lead.

I also found that Shaw and Preferred make prefit Savage barrels in 9.3x62. Who would you have build a barrel, Shaw or Preferred. Shaw is a little cheaper, but I want a good barrel.

I dipped my toes in. I can still stay out of the pool, but I bought a box of hornady 286gr bullets the other day. They are some big slabs of lead.

I also found that Shaw and Preferred make prefit Savage barrels in 9.3x62. Who would you have build a barrel, Shaw or Preferred. Shaw is a little cheaper, but I want a good barrel.

I'm guess'n that you'd be happy with either…..unless you're gonna use it for bench rest competition! 😉 memtb

I built a 9.3x62 on a left handed Mauser 3000 not too long ago..... I haven't played a bunch with it, I just bought a bunch of 286 gr bullets and loaded them up. It only has a 1-4 scope on it so all I can say is it shoots as good as I can hold with a 4x. I used a McGowen barrel and was happy with it......like memtb said I can't imagine you wouldn't be happy with either of your choices. It's a thumper of a cartridge, but totally manageable- even my teens like shooting it, standing up. It's overkill for local hunting, but it's what I grab for bears in our brushy PNW area. I mainly built it for bringing to AK -If I make it back Moose hunting again.

Will 9.3x62 perform well with a shortish barrel? Say 20" to keep it shorter for a suppressor.
They perform very well with shorter barrels. If you drop down to the 225 to 240 grain range you can get enough speed to perform well. That said, the 286 grain doesn't lose much velocity by shortening the barrel 4"s.

They perform very well with shorter barrels. If you drop down to the 225 to 240 grain range you can get enough speed to perform well. That said, the 286 grain doesn't lose much velocity by shortening the barrel 4"s.
I figured since they were using a faster powder like Varget barrel length would have less effect, but thank you for confirming. I think I am probably going to do a 20" or maybe 22" with a can on the end.

I took one to Africa in 2007, and 2009...I also have shot a couple deer and a few hogs with one....great round

Attachments

• 86DF7378-8A62-407C-A9D3-59AC9049B3E4.jpeg
    86DF7378-8A62-407C-A9D3-59AC9049B3E4.jpeg
    43.7 KB · Views: 83
  • 28236B1D-87AD-4E2F-A8A4-7248F48C635C.jpeg
    28236B1D-87AD-4E2F-A8A4-7248F48C635C.jpeg
    49.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 7593E9C8-96EF-40A3-939D-890A79D4D1BE.jpeg
    7593E9C8-96EF-40A3-939D-890A79D4D1BE.jpeg
    64.9 KB · Views: 88
Will 9.3x62 perform well with a shortish barrel? Say 20" to keep it shorter for a suppressor.
I have a 9.3x62 with a 20 inch barrel. It performs quite well. Have not loaded a lot for it but had no trouble building a load with the 235 Oryx that was mid 2600's with RL15. And that was not a max load either. Loads that top 2400 are easy with 286's and Big Game.

Post up a WTB thread for a CZ550FS in 9.3x62. Be patient and watch out for the scammers. They show up, generally shot very little.

You will not regret getting one - I love mine.

At this point - honestly speaking - it is simply something unique to have and shoot. It's overkill for the type of hunting that I do. Even then - when chasing moose or elk, it hasn't got the nod.

I'm sure someday it'll get its chance, it just hasn't happened yet.

I have a CZ550 American that I worked up a load for using 250accubonds that shoot interchangeable with 250ballistic tips. I can practice, shoot deer and pigs with the BT and then switch to Accubond for the big stuff.

I shot my first bull elk with the 250AB @ 90yrds on a hard quartering forward shot and it had great results! Thors Hammer!!!

If memory serves right it's running 2550fps with Varget.

The 9.3x62 was easy to load for, every load I tried shot sub moa in my rifle. Buy or build one and you will be happy as long as your not chasing speed
James

Post up a WTB thread for a CZ550FS in 9.3x62. Be patient and watch out for the scammers. They show up, generally shot very little.

You will not regret getting one - I love mine.

At this point - honestly speaking - it is simply something unique to have and shoot. It's overkill for the type of hunting that I do. Even then - when chasing moose or elk, it hasn't got the nod.

I'm sure someday it'll get its chance, it just hasn't happened yet.
There a normal cz550 on gunbroker right now, but I am sure it will end well north of $1000 by thr time thr auction is done. Some also has a 550FS but they want $2750 which is silly.

I am going to be patient for now, but I believe the plan is going to be to rebarrel and restock a savage action I have if nothing pops up. The action is good and had a timney trigger, so part of the investment is done.