8mm rem mag

im2bsen

anyone else still using a 8mm rem mag to deer/bear hunt? I had a smith custom make one back in 1992 and he used an interarms action with a douglas barrel. I've tried numerous other caliber rifles over the years but nothing seems to compare to the 8mm. Too bad they stopped making them.

I believe it came out in 1978, since then I've known exactly one person who had one and it seems to me that Craig B used one a fair bit as well.

I'm generally one to use a round that isn't center stage and what I'm about to say is true about many rounds so don't take it personally.................but honestly, it was an answer to a question that was never needed to be asked......The 300 Wby is all the way around an easier button to push and the big 8 just can't do anything that Roy's big 30 didn't already do!

anyone else still using a 8mm rem mag to deer/bear hunt? I had a smith custom make one back in 1992 and he used an interarms action with a douglas barrel. I've tried numerous other caliber rifles over the years but nothing seems to compare to the 8mm. Too bad they stopped making them.
Never used one but I had two hunting buddies that did, it was a very good killing machine on game... any North American game.