8133 or retumbo

Anyone use US-869? Always wanted to try it in the 338 Lapua but never did. I see that stuff everywhere in southern AZ it seems. Retumbo was my go to, and still use it in the 7RM
I have tied it in my lapua and my edge. Gave ok velocity loaded in winter took it out on a 70° day and I started to have flash backs of h414 and blc2 days in my 308 when I was a kid. I guess what I'm getting at is it can be very temperature sensitive from my tests.

Anyone use US-869? Always wanted to try it in the 338 Lapua but never did. I see that stuff everywhere in southern AZ it seems. Retumbo was my go to, and still use it in the 7RM
Tried it once in an 300 RUM long ago....way to temp sensitive

The barrel is made of CM/ chrome-moly/ chromium molybdenum carbon steel! Why are you yelling.

I shoot hbn. Never shot molly coated bullets in my life
Sorry sir, I was not yelling. I'm just an old timer highlighting is all. I'm not up to do on all this internet, texting policy is. It's just my way of saying "pay attention to this or that" nothing more.
Theosmithjr

@theosmithjr
Know how you feel. I'm an old timer myself and have a hard time getting use to this new stuff. When I started driving over 50 years ago every time you passed a car you would blow your horn to let the driver know you were passing so be careful. Try this today and they will take a shot at you. Go figure

Tried it once in an 300 RUM long ago....way to temp sensitive
oh, I had heard just the opposite- like it was Hodgdon's spherical equivalent of their extreme powders. I heard a few guys really like it in the bigger cheytac chamberings because of that.

I'm waiting on some 8133 to try in my 28 nosler. I've heard it has a lot of the same qualities as retumbo, but fills the case a little better in the bigger cartridges. Right now I'm hitting pressure just over 80 grains of retumbo with 180 eldm's and there is still quite a bit of room in the case. In my other rifles, retumbo gives the most consistant velocity when the case is full, or just barely crunching powder. If 8133 acts anything like retumbo, I'm hoping it will fill the case and give lower ES. You guys shooting RUMs, is 8133 filling the case? Or is there still room? This might make the difference between it burning clean vs dirty, low ES vs high ES.

So with retumbo 94 grains and I have my gun throated out longer cartridge overall length is 3.980 to fit in a Wyatt's mag box single-digit extreme spread single-digit standard deviation with a 26in benchmark barrel, adg brass and a steller's action with 230 bergers I'm getting 3126 FPS. (Labradar drops verified)
I want to say I'm at 91.5 grains with imr8133 but don't quote me on that and I have room to go

I've just passed 1600 rounds in my 300 RUM with a 30" Benchmark bull barrel with brake running 86.5g of Retumbo, 250 primers pushing 225 ELDM molly coated bullets and barrel at 2981. I shoot all year around from 15 to 90 degrees here in the NW and I find it to be stable throughout that temp range. I regularly shoot between 1200' to 6500' and I get single digit sds consistently.

I don't shoot a overly hot but do flatten primers but not crater them durning summer months.

Shooting molly coated bullets and barrel, my cleaning regiment is a bore snake at the end of the day shooting, 1 pull per 10 rounds fired or so depending on weather. Wet weather one more just because. A full bore cleaning will happen around 250 or sooner during wet months because of the molly but 400 and greater during our summer. I don't find it to be dirty as I'm shooting a full case. Hard to tell with molly always a little dirty even when clean.

Like others I find Retumbo to be the best in my RUM but as many have said before. What works in mine may not in yours.

My only problem with it is can be hard to find. I'm down to a half pound out of my last keg 8# and haven't been able to find it in months.

If anyone knows where a couple of kegs are please let me know, thanks.

Good luck finding a load. Retumbo has worked well for me.

I've just passed 1600 rounds in my 300 RUM with a 30" Benchmark bull barrel with brake running 86.5g of Retumbo, 250 primers pushing 225 ELDM molly coated bullets and barrel at 2981. I shoot all year around from 15 to 90 degrees here in the NW and I find it to be stable throughout that temp range. I regularly shoot between 1200' to 6500' and I get single digit sds consistently.

I don't shoot a overly hot but do flatten primers but not crater them durning summer months.

Shooting molly coated bullets and barrel, my cleaning regiment is a bore snake at the end of the day shooting, 1 pull per 10 rounds fired or so depending on weather. Wet weather one more just because. A full bore cleaning will happen around 250 or sooner during wet months because of the molly but 400 and greater during our summer. I don't find it to be dirty as I'm shooting a full case. Hard to tell with molly always a little dirty even when clean.

Like others I find Retumbo to be the best in my RUM but as many have said before. What works in mine may not in yours.

My only problem with it is can be hard to find. I'm down to a half pound out of my last keg 8# and haven't been able to find it in months.

If anyone knows where a couple of kegs are please let me know, thanks.

Good luck finding a load. Retumbo has worked well for me.
Have you tried HBN?
I find it to be better than Molly.

I use 84.6g retumbo and 230g berger at 2810 mv seated to barely run thru stock Remington bottom metal. Shots 1/4 moa and cleans easily . I use h1000 for the 7mm mag.

Tumbo been my go to from 7rm, 7lrm ,7rum,300rum, always fairly low es. I dont know that i have ever had it be dirty, but because its all i really know besides h1k in a lapua. If you could find some it definitely could be the cats meeeoowww.

Have you tried HBN?
I find it to be better than Molly.

No, I picked up a Lyman ceramic molly kit for bullets and paste for the bore. I seem to have had good luck with it. Compared to the bore of my Sako 25 06 with 1200 rounds without molly. The fire cracking comparison is night and day. Not sure if the Molly paste is filling the cracking and minimizing it but the 06 looks like a dry lake bed compared to the RUM with 1600 rounds. It's more crazing than cracking.