8133 or retumbo

8133 in the STW with 140's probably won't be ideal it's a very slow burner. Now for the 180 class bullets it's probably one of the best.

I'm super new to reloading. Got all the gear but no primers yet lol. What is the detriment of lighter bullets in slow burners? Slow velocity? Poor accuracy? Speed variations?

I'm super new to reloading. Got all the gear but no primers yet lol. What is the detriment of lighter bullets in slow burners? Slow velocity? Poor accuracy? Speed variations?
Honestly it's hard to say without trying it. There are some cartridge/bullet/powder combinations out there that don't work very well on paper but produce excellent results.

Normally wild ES and slower velocity's are some of the symptoms of being outside of the ideal burn rate. That being said the STW case has enough capacity that you may be able to get enough powder in it to get good velocity before getting heavily compressed.

If you don't have a chronograph try to get access to one when you first start your load development. You will probably figure out real quick if it's going to work or not. As you work up your powder charge you should see a somewhat consistent increase in velocity per 1/2 grain increment (or whatever increment you step up) as you go up. It's not going to be a perfect 25 FPS for every 1/2 gr increment or anything but if (don't actually load these charges just a example) your chronograph looks like this:
79 gr = 3025
79.5 = 3050
80 = 3099
80.5= 3018
Then I personally wouldn't chase that bullet/powder anymore.

I know components are hard to come by but if my twist rate would allow it I would be on the hunt for some heavier bullets.

Just want some thoughts on which one would be the better powder. I have 8133 and have been using it in my 300 rum but have always heard Retumbo is the way to go. I also shoot some heavies in 7mm rem mag also but haven't done any load work up with 8133. I've never shot Retumbo deciding whether to buy an 8# can when it's available or just stick to the 8133 would like your thoughts.
Data on imr 8133 is tough to find so I'll add my experience, hopefully it helps someone. I ran h1000 for a long time and got good velocity but supply was running low. For 7mm rem mag shooting 162 eldm Settled on 74.8 gr imr 8133 got me 3245 and still not pressured out. 26" proof 8.4 twist barrel

People keeps asking around here "What's the best powder?".

That's really easy for about 9 month's now, if you weren't around for the most recent powder shortage in 2017-18 and failed to supply -up...WHATEVER IS AVIAILABLE IN THE APPROPRIATE BURN RATE.