8133 or retumbo

Justin Todd

Just want some thoughts on which one would be the better powder. I have 8133 and have been using it in my 300 rum but have always heard Retumbo is the way to go. I also shoot some heavies in 7mm rem mag also but haven't done any load work up with 8133. I've never shot Retumbo deciding whether to buy an 8# can when it's available or just stick to the 8133 would like your thoughts.

I've used some 8133 in a few of my rifles, although not a lot. But in my 300 RUM I use Retumbo and it is a great powder with 180-200 gr bullets. The Nosler accubond shoot best for me.

Just want some thoughts on which one would be the better powder. I have 8133 and have been using it in my 300 rum but have always heard Retumbo is the way to go. I also shoot some heavies in 7mm rem mag also but haven't done any load work up with 8133. I've never shot Retumbo deciding whether to buy an 8# can when it's available or just stick to the 8133 would like your thoughts.
What's your load and bullet weight with 8133? If you don't mind sharing.

My most accurate with 300 rum has been 88.5 gr 8133 with a coal of 3.80 which is long past the Sammi but is still at .050 off the lands in my rifle.

I tried 8133 last week with Berger 200.20x. Man that stuff is THE dirtiest $h!t ever! I'm using Retumbo with good luck and it isn't nearly as dirty. In my past experiences with Retumbo in other cartridges it has been been extremely dirty but not so much in 300RUM.

I tried 8133 last week with Berger 200.20x. Man that stuff is THE dirtiest $h!t ever! I'm using Retumbo with good luck and it isn't nearly as dirty. In my past experiences with Retumbo in other cartridges it has been been extremely dirty but not so much in 300RUM.
Thanks that helps me make my decision I think I may try the retumbo for 300 rum and save the 8133 for 7mag or as a fall back with the 300

I'm running 91 grains of retumbo and a 212 Hornady eldx in my 28" barrel and getting great results. I haven't chronograph it yet but she is a tack driver!

Only bullets I've tried in 300 rum is the 208 I did recently get some of the longer Sierra 200 gr but I haven't loaded any rounds with the Sierra yet

Ok.
I kind of believe that if I was shooting 230gr it might not have been so dirty. ???
Heaviest I've found in 7 mag is 195gr eol have 500 of them. As far as 300 rum with 208 it was a little dirty but no copper fouling I'm only pushing the 208 at 2900 fps though but no pressure signs at that point.