8133 or retumbo

I've found that 8133 was just a tad slower than Retumbo when used in my SS and 30/375. It got good velocity and 100 yard accuracy but high e s no matter what charge or primer I used. I also had a client chronographed loads and he also had high e s. I'm talking 35 to over 50'.

Love Retumbo in the Winnie with 200-220gr pills. Have yet to try 8133 in it. I did try 7977 with lackluster results in the mag, but my 270 Win absolutely loves that powder

All these new powders coming out... and doing what H 1000 has been doing for decades...
H1000 is an excellent powder for "not heavy for caliber bullets" in over-bore cartridges. I'v used it for up to 160gr bullets in 7STW and H50BMG for the heavies. When Retumbo was released, it was and is better than H50BMG, cleaner, more consistent. Retumbo is the cleanest slow powder I'v used to date, H1000 is a close second. I haven't cleaned my 300RUM or 28Nosler since last summer and when I did, took 15-20 minute to clean and I shoot them often, because I love launching big long heavy bullets down range.

Some great posts about the 8133. I have been looking at switching from my old reliable RL-25 in the 300 RUM since I purchased the 700 Sendero the first year out. Was going to try Retumbo as my hunting partners have found it good. Now thinking about 8133 and Retumbo. I'm shooting 165 Ballistic Tips for deer and the like, and 180 Accubond or E-Tip for elk size animals. Any thoughts for the smaller bullets?

Just want some thoughts on which one would be the better powder. I have 8133 and have been using it in my 300 rum but have always heard Retumbo is the way to go. I also shoot some heavies in 7mm rem mag also but haven't done any load work up with 8133. I've never shot Retumbo deciding whether to buy an 8# can when it's available or just stick to the 8133 would like your thoughts.
Retumbo is my go to powder in my 7 mag with the 168 and above weight 7mm bullets. 4831 SC is a close second.

H1000 is an excellent powder for "not heavy for caliber bullets" in over-bore cartridges. I'v used it for up to 160gr bullets in 7STW and H50BMG for the heavies. When Retumbo was released, it was and is better than H50BMG, cleaner, more consistent. Retumbo is the cleanest slow powder I'v used to date, H1000 is a close second. I haven't cleaned my 300RUM or 28Nosler since last summer and when I did, took 15-20 minute to clean and I shoot them often, because I love launching big long heavy bullets down range.
I've not tried the Retumbo in my 30-378 Wby. Mag but used the H50BMG exclusively because per the Berger manual, i could get higher velocity with the 210 gr. VLD's. It shoots accurate & i get good velocity, 3200 fps.

Just want some thoughts on which one would be the better powder. I have 8133 and have been using it in my 300 rum but have always heard Retumbo is the way to go. I also shoot some heavies in 7mm rem mag also but haven't done any load work up with 8133. I've never shot Retumbo deciding whether to buy an 8# can when it's available or just stick to the 8133 would like your thoughts.

I have had very good luck with Retumbo in 7 Rem mag

Still playing around with 200gr bullet for ELR shots, so NO INPUT on that weight as of yet. However I get SCREAMIN VELOCITY with BENCHREST ACCURACY using RL-12 with NOSLERS 125gr. for Groundhogs and those WAY OUT THERE YOTES! 4100fps PLUS! SERIOUS BUSINESS!
Theosmithjr

Thanks that helps me make my decision I think I may try the retumbo for 300 rum and save the 8133 for 7mag or as a fall back with the 300
Check out N570 or N565 tried the other powders and very happy with 200 ELDX in 30 Nosler and 175 ELDX in my 28 Nosler.

Have used Retumbo and H1000 for years in 7mm Rem Mag, 28 Nosler and 300 RUM. H1000 has been the most consistent for SD and ES, plus temperature swings. Reloder 33 was best if your are looking for velocity.