7STW & Sierra Gamekings?

bohe

Hello Everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone has practical experience with 175 GKs in a 7STW?I have Retumbo,RL 25,and H1000 on hand,and am hoping I can get one of these powders to work.This load is going to be used primarily for LR whitetail and mule deer.

Thanks

My thoughts with GMKs is that their bc is less than tolerable but there terminal performance is great. Many mule deer and one sorry moose testify that the bullet will get the job done (with major meat damage on the deer) but not on the moose???

I've switched to Accubonds, Ballistic Tips and SMKs and have as good or better performance than the game kings.....

back in the 70's I shot the 175 gameking long range out of a 7mm-300 wby which is the same thing basically. My best loads were with H-870 I think. The newer powders you have should work great. The 175 gameking was the second highest BC hunting bullet on the market those days with the 250 grain 338 bullet the highest. It has a stronger antimony lead core than most other gamekings so it holds together fairly well unlike most gamekings. Now I use the 162 Amax with a higher BC and better velocity. For deer size game it will work.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.