270 130gr sierra gameking

Robster80

anyone shoot these? found some at academy sports in federal premium ammo. ive got quite a few boxes of factory ammo like corelokts and interlocks but my friend swears this bullet is more accurate and drops em faster

I personally have had great success over all with Sierra bullets. But I hand load so I can adjust powder amt seating depth etc to get accuracy in various rifles. As for performance on game they worked with authority when I put the bullet in boiler room. They are not bonded, partitioned or have fancy shaped internal jacket thickness to retain max weight retention. So, they may come apart if you push hard or are shot at close range in the 270.

I personally have had great success over all with Sierra bullets. But I hand load so I can adjust powder amt seating depth etc to get accuracy in various rifles. As for performance on game they worked with authority when I put the bullet in boiler room. They are not bonded, partitioned or have fancy shaped internal jacket thickness to retain max weight retention. So, they may come apart if you push hard or are shot at close range in the 270.

most my shots will be around 80-150 yds id hoped to find some 150gr i figured that might be a better choice but cant seem to find those

I have shots them for years.Using 60 grains of IMR4831 .One hole groups at 100 yards.They are going 3100 FPS.I have used them on whitetails at 50 yards and pronghorn at over 400.Never had any problems

I've taken many mule deer and tons of yotes with them over the years.

My loads were stiff doses of IMR 4350 and Norma 205. I went for velocity and settled for 0.75 MOA average group size over a lot of years. I stopped stuffing powder in when she hit 3190 FPS out of the 24" Douglas barrel.

It took nearly 30 years to shoot out the barrel.

I downed a young bull moose with 2 shots at around 60 yards. Amazingly both shots exited with vigor. The second shot went through both shoulder blades near the shoulder joint. I was amazed to get complete penetration.

The down side of them was if I hit a dear in the boiler room it ruined the entrance side whole front quarter, rib cage and shoulder. i learned to shoot no closer then 250 yards. At that distance and much further she performed perfectly.

Just tho't I'd chime in......

I've taken many mule deer and tons of yotes with them over the years.

My loads were stiff doses of IMR 4350 and Norma 205. I went for velocity and settled for 0.75 MOA average group size over a lot of years. I stopped stuffing powder in when she hit 3190 FPS out of the 24" Douglas barrel.

It took nearly 30 years to shoot out the barrel.

I downed a young bull moose with 2 shots at around 60 yards. Amazingly both shots exited with vigor. The second shot went through both shoulder blades near the shoulder joint. I was amazed to get complete penetration.

The down side of them was if I hit a dear in the boiler room it ruined the entrance side whole front quarter, rib cage and shoulder. i learned to shoot no closer then 250 yards. At that distance and much further she performed perfectly.

Just tho't I'd chime in......

dang. should i not use these then as most my shots are around 80-200 yds?? this is just the factory ammo with velocity of 3,060

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts