7mm08 vs 6.5 creedmore

Both will serve you well. I chose the 708 for my build and my hunting load is the 140 Accubond with Varget and it absolutely hammers. My decision was based on more barrel life and the option to run the heavier bullets.

I understand this is thread is 3 years old but my decision to go with 6.5 CM is because it only costs me $20. :D

https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/i-got-my-first-6-5-cm-for-20.201958/#post-1434047
I love seeing old threads revisited! So many new cartridges are talked about from year to year, but so many oldies but goodies are also always in the mix. Looking back at some of my first posts about 7 years ago, I was trying to get into the LR game and pondering rifles. Ended up with a semi-custom.300 Win mag. Fast forward a few more years and I didn't have that rifle any longer (life got in the way) but wanted back in and was again pondering rifles, and ended up with...a .300 Win mag. Now here I am training for an elk hunt I hope to take NEXT YEAR (2019) and trying to figure out what rifle and bullet to use, and I have decided to go with....yep, a .300 Win mag (and Steve's Hammer Hunters)!

I still love my .270 Win for most hunting I do around where I live, but because of this forum, I have picked up a couple 6.5s and other calibers along the way also... but those oldies but goodies keep coming back when I want to get the job done without a doubt!

Only reason to consider the 7 over the 6.5 is if you want to load heavier than 140's to bridge the gap up to your dedicated elk/bear rifle. The 7 will allow you load 80gr or more over your .25, while the 6.5 will only give you 25gr or so.

Ballistically if you run 140's in both you'll have a bit more FPS out of the 7 and a better BC out of the 6.5. The 6.5 should have a very slight edge (couple inches drop and windage at 450 for example) at distance.

Now before anyone thinks I'm bashing the 6.5 creedmore, you couldn't be farther from the truth, I believe every cartridge has its place, in fact I'm not even saying the 7mm08 is better, I just don't understand why you don't see more people utilizing the 7mm08.
Love my 08 and cheaper to shoot less powder to achieve same velocity as most long actions