7mm WSM 150 scirocco

shaner2121

Anyone loaded this round in the 7 wsm? Velocity, accuracy? Also, has anyone had any luck with facory ammo, or other hand loads. would love some recipes. Starting on a lightweight pack rifle project with a model 70 action. thanks shane

I was getting 3166 fps with an extreme spread of 6 fps using 62gr of H4350; Fed GM215M's; and 150 Sciroccos. Generally shot 3/4MOA or less. I fired one Scirocco into a bull at 750 and the bullet was mushroomed up against the hide on the far side of the elk. I also shot another bull at 100 yards with them and all went through the elk.

I've read about horrible bullet performance with the Sciroccos but my buddies and I have killed 20 or 30 deer and elk with them and never had a failure. They get my vote!

I have a 7STW that loves the 150 sciroccos! Puts deer DRT! I've shot Accubaond 140s and deer runoff a ways. Not so the sciroccos ! Plus, they are super accurate; you need to remember they have a very long ogive and I think need to be seated deep. I'm running 70.0gr RL19 for 3174FPS too !

Anyone loaded this round in the 7 wsm? Velocity, accuracy? Also, has anyone had any luck with facory ammo, or other hand loads. would love some recipes. Starting on a lightweight pack rifle project with a model 70 action. thanks shane
Shane,
Let's put it this way for deer and elk I don't load anything else. Sorry, I don't have any recipes (lost ny performance files in a fire) but there are 100's of those available on line. I'm loading for a BAR and an A-bolt and using Reloader powder and have never missed or lost an animal (out to 580yds on a 6X5 Elk) that I've aimed these bullets at. My son shoots them in a 270 Win BAR with equally awesome results. Good hunting, Mark.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.