7mm stw brass

I can get the 120 gr nosler customs for even cheaper than the 160s. I went with the heavier bullets because I like the accubond and their high bc, and figured I can shoot the loaded ammo for a while and save over buying components and rolling my own. Less work and less money, sign me up please... that said I would like to load some bergers and sierras once the brass is empty and play with seating and different powders to really wring out the accuracy. in the meantime however I'll happily send noslers finest down range and not have to scrounge for brass that's waayyyyy overpriced. My local cabelas carries the loaded stuff for right at 60 a box, and my local reloading store kills that price

I believe Nosler is trying to corner the "yuppy" market with their magnum brass prices, much like Weatherby does. I have no interest in buying 25 casing boxes of Nosler brass as I already have 450+ 7stw cases at the house.... I also have 375 brass (sitting) in case I need more of either stw or 375h@h... Right now if I needed brass I'd neck down Hornady 375 brass... it's about a buck a case....

Lefty, What type dies do you use as your intermediary, I was reading to run it through a 30 cal or 8mm, but I don't know if you just neck size or full length. I've only ever formed 308 from a bunch of 243 and that was an oops on my part, worked fine but I wasn't intending to do it and it's only one step.

Lefty, What type dies do you use as your intermediary, I was reading to run it through a 30 cal or 8mm, but I don't know if you just neck size or full length. I've only ever formed 308 from a bunch of 243 and that was an oops on my part, worked fine but I wasn't intending to do it and it's only one step.

I'd use a 338 win or 300win die set for the shoulder to be at the right point... If you have an 8rem mag fl die that would work very well too. You are effectively neck sizing other than positioning the shoulder but I'd use fl dies...

I refuse to buy Nosler brass. They are way too proud...i.e., price is out of the question. Had my STW built in 1992 and the only source of brass was the 8mag stuff. Run it thru a 7StW die and it's ready to roll. Bought 500 rds of 8 mag brass and split with a buddy who had also had a rifle built. Works quite ok. My understanding is Nosler claims premium for sorting, sizing, etc., but I'd rather do that myself. Know it's done the way I like. When the STW became commercial, bought another 250 cases and have acquired more as time went on. Only used Rems so maybe I'm out of line with my comments. Just like their pricing on BT's......cut box from 100 to 50 then doubled the price!!!!! Really proud.....

Looks like im buying an 8 mm rem mag fl sizing die... hornady 375 h&h is less than 45 dollars per 50, i cant buy rem brass for that price. I've been kinda dismayed with noslers prices across the board lately, plus the 50 count box of bullets when everyone else gives you 100 for roughly the same price is a little ridiculous. For the price of the long range accubond I can shoot bergers or sierras.... not really a tough choice as long as my rifle likes them.

I bought 100 pc of once fired from McWhorter a few months ago for $0.65 a piece
There is an add on Gunbroker right now, 100 pc new Winchester brass for $90...

jacket33
I'm new to LRH and 7 stw. i did a lot of research on what caliber to use in my LRH quest. My main reason for going LR is I want to go sheep and goat hunting and with my knees I figured LR would give me an advantage somewhat. My rifle is a Win Md 70 with a Lucid 4-16 x 44. haven't been able to shoot since i went to this scope just had knee replacement. Nevermind that what I need to know is where is the best place to find quality reloading supplies. Don't really want to hunt and peck everywhere. Any help would be great.

jacket33
I'm new to LRH and 7 stw. i did a lot of research on what caliber to use in my LRH quest. My main reason for going LR is I want to go sheep and goat hunting and with my knees I figured LR would give me an advantage somewhat. My rifle is a Win Md 70 with a Lucid 4-16 x 44. haven't been able to shoot since i went to this scope just had knee replacement. Nevermind that what I need to know is where is the best place to find quality reloading supplies. Don't really want to hunt and peck everywhere. Any help would be great.
Welcome. You'll just have to hunt and peck around because it's a hit or miss kinda deal.

Just do a google for 7mm STW Brass and see who's got it in stock when you need it.

Or look for 8mm RemMag brass, since everyone has that stuff in stock. Simple to neck-down with a 7 STW FL sizing die.

Or look for 8mm RemMag brass, since everyone has that stuff in stock. Simple to neck-down with a 7 STW FL sizing die.

This is the easiest way and the cheapest way.

Midway has the Nosler listed for $62.00 for 25. and there Remington listed for $25.00 for 20
pieces of 8 mm rem.

Nosler also sells the loaded 8mm rem ammo for $63.00 a box. (Makes you wonder, when you can buy a box of loaded ammo for essentially the same price as the empty brass) Tell me there is not some gouging going on with brass prices!

Before any brass was made for the 7mm STW we used the 8 mm Remington Mag brass and just ran it through the 7mm STW dies and loaded it. (This is what the 7 STW is based on).

The Remington Brass is good and reasonably priced but it is over due at midway, but back order is ok if you can wait. or just look around and you can find some.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.