7mm Sherman short

Lenwood901

think ive decided to put togather this rifle seems like h1000 and rl26 are the powders to use bye looking around. I want to use the 175g elite hunters or the 180g vld depending on what shoots better and been looking at the ptg and nss rem 700 trued actions. I would like to hear some feed back from you guys that have used this round about accuracy for long distance the action you have used just anything with your experience

Those are good powders and I also recommend N565, Retumbo, and even RL23. Lots of actions will work well but make sure it will give you at least 2.95" coal. I prefer a DBM center feed over a std box mag. With a good build, long distance accuracy has proven to be exceptional!
Merry Christmas!

thank you i was looking at your sight would the sst be better for feeding for a hunting gun or would the ss with dbm center feed be just fine

8.5 should be fine unless you might want to run some longer monos and then 8 might be better. 8 wont hurt youbthough.

Ive been runing my 7ss built by LRI. 1 in 9 twist 20" i believe. getting 2770 with 166 a tip and 62.6 h1000. FAR away from pressure. just was a quick load with an ES of 9

If you can find Vihtavuori N165 I would pick up a some to test. In fully formed cases 60.0gr/190 Hornady A-tip/2780's fps/30" barrel. Very consistent powder from lot to lot. The burn temp is also very kind to the throat. It should push a 180gr well into the 2900's in a 24" barrel. Loading new cases for fireforming with the 190 A-tip with 59.85gr produced 2770's and shot right at 10" of vertical over 80+ rds on a range known for a lot of vertical from the terrain and other factors. Fully formed cases are shooting a less than half of that on a flat range with better conditions.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.