7mm saum

cbannor

hey i'm 18 years old and have shot a lot in my lifetime so far but never past 500-600 yards. my best gun is a rugerm77 mark 2 in 7mm saum. how far out do u think this will be effective. i am planning to build a .338 edge but i have to save up some more money first.gun)

It will be as effective as you are for as far as you are. What Im tring to say is it will work well for as far as your ablitys allow you to put your shot inside of the chest cavity of the game you are pursuing. The cartridge is a good one. Just choose a good bullet...

it will consistently shoot 1/2 moa or better. would it have the power to kill a deer at 900 - 1000 yards? i am shooting a 160 g sgk that has a muzzle velocity of around 3000 fps.

i have 2 of them in rifles and 1 in a striker they preform very well , see if ya can get some 162 amax's for deer sized game , awsome caliber,

it will kill a long ways . you need to try it at that range and see what your groups are. for that long of range i would try the 168 berger. try it at 1000 yards and see how big your groups are. the wind becomes a big factor that far.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.