7mm SAUM 180 Hybrid Load......Build it like I say and it will shoot with this load!!!

Just fixing to get into the third firing. On second I did not still was fine. I'll let ya know after three. Understand I dedicate 150 brass to each rifle. That's 600 rounds to get through. Yep I'm still on new brass. I'm about 600 rounds fired on these four rifles.

Another delima……I'm running out of 180's. Got to slow my roll or find more.
Just curious if you have tried this same load with the 175 EH or the 180 VLD….? Seems like they're a little easier to find in stock at the present time…

0.004" into lands. I've checked 4 different action/barrel setups and all but one are the same measure CBTO and the one that is off is only off by 0.001".

CBTO is 2.284" and COAL is 3.027".

For what ever reason Proof puts out their prefits cut themselves with a longer Freebore.

I just checked my Proof cut by Kelby and their FB is 0.038" shorter. So I will have to redo the powder charge some.
My guess would be to compensate for their tight barrels

Just curious if you have tried this same load with the 175 EH or the 180 VLD….? Seems like they're a little easier to find in stock at the present time…
My plan is to play with the 175EH and N565 on Monday in the Nanook one I just built yesterday. I do have experience with the combo though. I'll have to dig in my notes and see. I'll post my results with the 175's Monday. Also, going to load some 143 hammers in this one.

My plan is to play with the 175EH and N565 on Monday in the Nanook one I just built yesterday. I do have experience with the combo though. I'll have to dig in my notes and see. I'll post my results with the 175's Monday. Also, going to load some 143 hammers in this one.
What powder are you planning to try with the 143 HH's?

Have you had a chance to shoot your new combo with the Nanook?

Have you had a chance to shoot your new combo with the Nanook?
Yes sir. Had to tweak the load because freebore was different. Proof did not have a prefit of theirs so I had to get Kelby to cut the chamber. But the load was .4 grains less. I'd give you exact but I'm off feeding cattle.

It really loves the 175's I will say. The group was around .2 moa every time. On a clean barrel first 3 Fowler's went into same hole and same poi as dirty barrel.

Kelby cut proof barrel was 2.242" CBTO. That's 0.038" shorter than the Proof chambered Proof barrels. I went with 0.004" into the lands at 2.246" to start. Ended up with speed node at 2,928 fps average but the powder charge went to 64.9 grains. So this only has 32 rounds on the barrel. When it speeds up I suspect it will be around 2,970 or so. We will see. I'll keep shooting it until it speeds up then tweak the load a little. At 300 yards CBTO, Group, Velocity:

2.246" 0.94" 2922 2926 2929
2.241" 1.10" 2918 2926 2928
2.236" 1.59" 2918 2920 2926

Quit after that cause I didn't want to waste a lot of time on components until it speeds up.

Longtime you've really got me excited! I've got a 270 WSM on the way with a 1-7 24" Benchmark. It's going to be throated for 170 Bergers but I've also got some 195 Wildcats on the shelf that equate to current .284-195 Bergers. It'll be fun.
I have a barrel being done by CarbonSix right now. It's a 27" 7mm SAUM barrel throated for 195's. I sent them my dummy rounds. They're gonna look sick looking. So my goal is to push the 195's and see if I can get them to 180 speeds with the longer barrel.