7mm SAUM 180 Hybrid Load......Build it like I say and it will shoot with this load!!!

Longtine88

Ok some have seen where I have worked up 3 different 7 saum rifles shooting the exact same load. Each rifle I worked up each load using same components, same action and same barrel. The components are:

ADG New brass - Only prep was a 0.2830" mandrel ran into the necks
Federal 210M Primers
N565 Powder 65.6 Grains Gives 2,950 to 2,970 depending on what barrel.
Berger Hybrid 180 - Seated CBTO to 2.284" gives a COAL of 3.027"

Rifle Components:
Defiance AntiX LA
Proof 7 SAUM 24" Barrel 8.4" Twist (Their SAAMI Chambered barrel sold everywhere)
Action Pillared and Glass Bedded.

So that is all the variables.

Today it was cold and I was bored so I went for number 4 rifle to see if I could add to the proof of a perfect common load. So I took off a 300 WM barrel off the ANTIX action, Had a LRH stock already bedded for the action and took off the 22" - 8.4" Twist proof (This barrel is 22" shorter than the other 3) off of the only SA I have it on and screwed it on and torqued it to 85 pounds like the other 3 rifles. Put on a NX8 that I had on the shelf. Bore sighted it with 3 shots and fowled the barrel. Cooled it then shot 3 shots into 0.25" at 100 yards. Dialed the scope 2.0 moa and shot 3 shots into 1" at 300 yards at .2" high above POI.

So what this post is all about....If you want a 7mm SAUM and you want a load that I guarantee you will shoot then copy the components and the rifle parts and you have a shooter that all 4 of the ones I have tested on shoot .3's or less.

For the haters, please don't hate. This is proven on 4 different rifles and I'm just trying to help the guys wanting a 7mm SAUM that will shoot and they can build themselves.

Altus is the only one I can find the barrels in stock currently:

Thought about getting 3 or 4 more and put up cause the new kid on the block 7prc might make proof quite the saum.

I'll give this a shot. I have a 7 Saum and everything necessary. My coal is quite a bit longer so we will see if I need more powder

Good info man thanks for sharing. I'm going to get back on my 30Nos this weekend and see what I come up with but a 7SAUM is in the near future!