7mm RM/STW Loads w/ 168 Bergers

I have good luck with a stiff ,book charge of H-1000 and cci 250 primers under a168 Berger VLD in my 7STW. W-W brass with bullets seated to just work in a std. Rem 700 magazine.

7mm 168 12 twist

Well I just picked up a box of Berger 168gr Match VLD's today and wanted to try them out in my 7mm Rem Mag and 7mm STW.

But the STW has a 1-12 Twist and the info on the Berger box say's 1-10 or faster so im thinking they wont work. But I just figure I'd put it out there for those of you who have much more experience then I with these bullets.

So I was just wondering if anyone had loads that I could try or point me in the right direction in getting some.

I tried the search function but I think im missing something because I cant get anything to show up. It just keeps telling me that " No matches found"

Any and all info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

I don't think you'll have much luck with a 168 and a 1-12 twist. I would call Berger or Sierra and get their recommendations on a appropriate bullet for this barrel.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.