7mm rm 160 grain accubond reloader 22

My 7mm Rem Mag load with several different rifles and RL22 has always been around 66 grains with the 160 Accubond. It's stiff but usually gets me close to 3000 fps. One rifle needed 65.5, but the others have always shot well with 66, loaded to standard SAAMI coal. If it won't shoot that load there's something fundamentally wrong.

Thank you guys for all the info! Hopefully I have time to work up some more rounds and see what it will do.. I feel better hearing some 160 bullets have higher specs and also that some of you load them way higher than what it says and aren't having issues.. I will start at wear I left off and work up from there and watch for pressure signs!!

My 7mm Rem Mag load with several different rifles and RL22 has always been around 66 grains with the 160 Accubond. It's stiff but usually gets me close to 3000 fps. One rifle needed 65.5, but the others have always shot well with 66, loaded to standard SAAMI coal. If it won't shoot that load there's something fundamentally wrong.
Are you crunching powder at 66? Not that I care I'm just wondering.. and I know different brass has different capacity

Hey guys I'm never had a load cratering primers so I'm looking for a little info. Here are 2 spent cases from the 7MM the left one is 59 grains which is where I started last week. And the one on the right is 64. Which I just shot. The 64 is slightly more createred I think but even the 59 has some cratering. This is my first R700 all my other bolt guns are savages. Just looking to see what you guys think.. still no sticky bolt or extractor marks at the 64.0

Attachments

• IMG_3215.JPG
    IMG_3215.JPG
    826.2 KB · Views: 131
Hey guys I'm never had a load cratering primers so I'm looking for a little info. Here are 2 spent cases from the 7MM the left one is 59 grains which is where I started last week. And the one on the right is 64. Which I just shot. The 64 is slightly more createred I think but even the 59 has some cratering. This is my first R700 all my other bolt guns are savages. Just looking to see what you guys think.. still no sticky bolt or extractor marks at the 64.0
Still has rounded edges on primer, no ejector Mark's, and no hard bolt lift-- you may have a oversize firing pin hole that is causing the "cratering" signs

Alliant book shows 65 as max @2975 (with another 160gr bullet)

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.