7mm rm 160 grain accubond reloader 22

55stone

Good morning, I have been seeing very conflicting data on what max load is of reloader 22 in 7mm RM with 160 grain accubond. The nosler website shows 63.00 grains as max load they tested which is way lower than what I have been seeing and only produced 2792FPS out of my 26" R700. So I don't know if I'm having chronograph issues or if that load is just to light. I expected that per nosler website to be around 3000FPS. Any help with be great thanks guys!!

Good morning, I have been seeing very conflicting data on what max load is of reloader 22 in 7mm RM with 160 grain accubond. The nosler website shows 63.00 grains as max load they tested which is way lower than what I have been seeing and only produced 2792FPS out of my 26" R700. So I don't know if I'm having chronograph issues or if that load is just to light. I expected that per nosler website to be around 3000FPS. Any help with be great thanks guys!!
2792 definitely sounds a bit slow. I used to run rl-22 with a 162 hornady and 63.5 grains gave me right around 3100 fps.

Yeah idk what's going on.. chronograph issues? It is a new chronograph it was the first time I used it..it's the Caldwell G2 I got from the inlaws for Christmas. Maybe had it set up wrong?

Any pressure signs on cases, primers??

I ve had to run 65-66 grs R22 with 160 s in my 7 Mags to get 2975-3000 fps. Gun, powder lot, etc all variables.

Approach increased charges slowly, maybe 1/2 grain at a time, if you elect that route.

Any pressure signs on cases, primers??

I ve had to run 65-66 grs R22 with 160 s in my 7 Mags to get 2975-3000 fps. Gun, powder lot, etc all variables.

Approach increased charges slowly, maybe 1/2 grain at a time, if you elect that route.
No no pressure signs at all.. I just expected higher velocities I guess lol.. so your saying just keep working up till I get higher velocities?

As long as no pressure signs, (cratered primers, ejector marks on brass, stiff bolt lift etc) then go up a half grain at a time. I suspect you ll get to 65+ grs of R22 with that 160 bullet. Use your chrono as you increase charges.

Keep in mind R22 is temp sensitive so if you develop the load at 30 degrees approach 80-90 degree days cautiously. Temp could change it 75-100 fps!!

FYI, my guns were both R700 s with 26" barrels also.

Also I got another 100 fps with similar pressure using Retumbo

FYI, my guns were both R700 s with 26" barrels also.

Also I got another 100 fps with similar pressure using Retumbo

Thank you for the info.. and yeah it's cold out but it's only going to be a hunting rifle so weather should stay pretty cold most times I'm using it. I will keep going up on load and see what happens

I'm using 63.5gr RL22 behind a 160 Accubond in a Remington 700 Classic w/24" Brux barrel for 2940fps. That's at about 450ft elevation and 50 degree temps.

I'm using 63.5gr RL22 behind a 160 Accubond in a Remington 700 Classic w/24" Brux barrel for 2940fps. That's at about 450ft elevation and 50 degree temps.
That's so weird that my load is so slow!! I'm starting to wonder if the chronograph is goofy or I had it set up weird!!

I looked over max loads for various 160 grain loads from a dozen sources (different bullets a variable) and max loads run from 61-68 grains. Velocity from 2858-3075 fps.

Moving up slowly certainly appears doable. Everybody has their own primer preference, but changes do show up for no magical reason, I'd switch to Federal 215's just to see what happens.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.