7mm Remington Mag Lapua brass?

Ackley Man

Does anyone know of a supplier who has any? I've seen it advertised by individuals both once fired and new but the ads are old and expired. Consequently I know it exists but I can find brass cases for sale any where.

Saw a thread somewhere else about this and it seems there may have been a run of it a long time ago but a rep from lapua said that when they do these limited runs they have someone else make it. So in the case of the 7 rem mag brass they had it was actually made by norma for them and then had to pass lapua's quality control as well. I don't know if they annealed them before they put their name on it though. So I guess if you want top quality 7 rem mag brass norma is the way to go. I wonder if they are making thier new 260 brass or if its another manufacter?

http://www.longrangehunting.com/for...tion-lapua-7mm-rem-mag-brass-production-55654

Last edited:
Lapua has never made the belted cases, and yes, anything marked Lapua in 300 WM or 7 Rem Mag were most likely Norma production, subcontracted to them . Norma makes good brass, it just tends to be a bit softer and not quite as durable as ours. Dimensionally, still very good stuff. As far as the new 260 cases, no, that's pure Lapua production, as is the 22-250 or the 308 Palma brass we introduced last year. The belted mags are done out of house as we're not currently equipped to do the very different draw required for the beted magnum family of cases. Somewhere down the road if we get enough requests, possibly, but not right now.

The annealing visible in the necks is something virtually every manufacturer does for bottlenecked cases. Most then treat the brass to remove the annealed coloration, though this step is entirely unneccesary. Most customers we've heard from tend to like the visible evidence that the cases were properly annealed, and we leave this intact. Most military ammunition bears this coloration, too, since the military customers have no real concern for this, or the reloadability of their brass.

Hope this helps, but if there's any questions, I'm always glad to answer them.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.