7mm Remington mag brake question

jskmtd

I'm considering having a Holland brake installed on my 7mm rem mag for the purpose of spotting shots. My question is will it be worth the added noise? I hunt alone a lot, so being able to spot my own shots would be nice. So for those of you with a similar setup who have brakes on them, would you do it again?
Thanks, Jon

I'm considering having a Holland brake installed on my 7mm rem mag for the purpose of spotting shots. My question is will it be worth the added noise? I hunt alone a lot, so being able to spot my own shots would be nice. So for those of you with a similar setup who have brakes on them, would you do it again?
Thanks, Jon
Yes, Darrel's brake are certainly worth the money.

Be smart though and use ear protection when you can and that way when you get to my age you won't be saying "huh" so much or listening to the high pitched whine on quiet nights and bells ringing the rest of the time.

Yes, Darrel's brake are certainly worth the money.

Be smart though and use ear protection when you can and that way when you get to my age you won't be saying "huh" so much or listening to the high pitched whine on quiet nights and bells ringing the rest of the time.

I agree on both counts.

And, that's true with or without a brake if at all possible.

-- richard

I get the Holland news letter and they just released a new hardened stainless brake. I have las years model on a couple of rifles. I ware plugs and phones for bench rest. I have considered getting the instant off head sets for this years deer season.

I don't know anything about th Holland break but I have 2 guns with breaks on them. the first is an 3006 with a boss which is a radial break and it is loud and the dust printing and prucussion is not pleasant for your spotter but do able. The second break is a mini mag muscle break on a 7 mm mag it recoils kinda like a 243 Ish but no dust printing and surprisingly quiet. I am gonna go out on a limb and say to me no louder than shooting it without it. Or close to it. And yes I would do a break again and again and again.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.