Muzzel brake for a 7mm rem mag

Get it!!!!! A muzzle break turns a 7mag into a 243 depending on the gun my old A-Bolt 7mag that my dad has now was like shooting a howitzer but a muzzle break turned recoil into nothing at all.

What do you guys think that a good brake installed would cost? I woud like to get on that has the least amount of noise.

What do you guys think that a good brake installed would cost? I woud like to get on that has the least amount of noise.

I assume that's for a 7mm Rem Mag?

When I was looking The brakes I found were in the 110.00 to 200.00
range. None of them claimed to suppress noise. That's another subject
fit for a different article.

How about hanging a Flash suppressor/ muzzle brake combo along with
a noise suppressor. Could I get rid of the muffs?

I have taken the brakes off all my rifles but one, a Harrell brake, that is really stuck.

That last one is so noisy on a 6mmBR, that the range makes me surrounded with plywood. Then it reflects on ME even worse.

I put large grind to fit Limbsaver recoil pads on magnum rifles, but I don't grind the pad anymore. I leave them with more area on the shoulder.

I have a 338 Win mag that weighs 9.25 pounds with scope. It pushes 250 gr bullets at 2830 fps.
With the large Limbsaver, I could shoot it all day.

Thank you. You gave me a thought to check the recoil pad on my
Savage Rifle 7mm Rem Mag. I do believe they have installed a
Limb saver on it. There is virtually no kick when shooting. The pad
is extremely soft. I might add a harmonic stablizer barrel button, to
see if that has any affect. It does have a Brake and I wear plugs
and a muff for noise.

The cost is cheap for the benefit recieved.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.