7mm rem mag 162 eld-x results?

I'm loading the 162 eld-x over 62.9 of reloaded 22. Averaging 2910 fps out of a 26" barrel. Lookin to see how many of yall are loading these things and what your results have been. I'm getting a little under an inch at 100 but I'm wondering how my velocity compares to others. Seems a little low to me.

Hey Varmint, I have loaded up some ELD-MATCH, 162 with 69.5 gn of Retumbo. Will be shooting them this weekend.
I have some 162 A-MAX with same grain shooting 2875 from a 24" barrel.
162 HPBT ,SAME GRAIN SHOOTING 2750 from same weapon.
I'll post the ELD results after I chrono them.gun)

So I guess my velocity is ok huh? I may have to try some retumbo. Every review I've seen seems to use it. Maybe I'm missin something. Also thought I put this thread in the reloading forum.......oops.. dang rookies!

2900+ with 162's isn't a bad place to be. If you really push it in a 26" pipe you may see 3150 fps. Brass life won't be as long as in the sub 3000 fps range tho

This is a plain jane old savage model 110 that I worked up for my bro in law. I bedded the action and adjusted the old 3 screw trigger down to about 2lbs. I was really impressed with this group as the rifle was nothing special but it was also my first time trying the new ELD-X bullets. This load registered right at 3048 fps over the magneto speed.

Mine isn't shooting quite that well yet, but it's showing promise! According to hornady, I'm running right with their precision hunter factory ammo velocity wise, so I guess I'm doin ok! Another thing that has begun to concern me is on game performance. Now that season is over, reports are trickling in about these things fragmenting on game, particularly under 200 yards. This rifle is built for more long range work so I'm not TERRIBLY worried but I am wondering about how it will perform on elk at 400-700 yards.....anybody shot any game with one yet? They're on clearance on midway USA, so I'm wondering if there is a reason.....

That's a big old negative , just got the gun in December , but I have shot some very impressive groups out to 934 yards.

I've shot mine to 700 so far. 8" plate first shot hits. Working on getting drop data together. I have a Leupold CDS scope on the rifle and I'd like to have as much data to give them for a custom turret as I can. But with what I'm hearing, I may hold off till I can try some RL-26 or Retumbo.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.