7mm prc with 150gr Barnes ttsx

Sendero270

Anyone try the Barnes 150gr ttsx through their 7mm prc. I have a rem 700 longrange with a 1 in 8 twist. Might be too fast but who knows. Daughter shot a deer this season with the Barnes ttsx through a .243 and was very pleased with the performance. Entrance hole was good, busted through heavy bone in opposite front shoulder, and still got a complete pass through.

I'm running this in my 7mm rem mag. Shot a cow moose broadside @100 yards. Bullet completely penciled through both shoulders leaving a small exit on the far side. Hardly any blood on the ground.

Shot a whitetail doe at 100 yards quartered away bullet entering just behind the front shoulder traveling all the way through the body and exiting out just in front of the rear leg on the opposite side. This also penciled through not much blood to track. Doe ran 100yard when she was found dead.

I also have two other instances of penciling through. All though the bullets did the trick I feel if the shot placement wasn't as good as it was there might be a whole lot of tracking to do with not much blood to track might end up with an animal that wasn't recovered.

I'm happy with how they shoot so probably going to run them for sheep hunts that have longer shots that might help with expanding but I have two fresh boxes of shock hammers on the shelf now for next year.

I have had much success with Barnes 150ttsx's. They like to be loaded hot. I have recovered all but one. I kept these two just for examples.

One was from a whitetail at 321yards and the other from a B&C black bear at 364 yards. Both DRT!

Attachments

• IMG_7866 Small.jpeg
    IMG_7866 Small.jpeg
    7.9 KB · Views: 42

Recent Posts