Comparing Barnes TTSX and TSX Bullets

pmh-usa

A. I would like to get feedback from those that HAVE compared impact performance of the tipped vs. the non-tipped Barnes Triple-Shock bullets. As much as possible looking for bullets of near or equal weight compared for expansion, penetration, and accuracy. I'm getting ready to expand my horizons so to speak across several different calibers and want to avoid as much wasted effort and $.

B. Regarding the LRX line, is the difference from the TTSX only in ballistic characteristics of the bullet? Or are there terminal differences such as lowered required impact velocities needed for expansion?

Admin please close this discussion - I've reposted it in
"Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics" discussion area.

A. I would like to get feedback from those that HAVE compared impact performance of the tipped vs. the non-tipped Barnes Triple-Shock bullets. As much as possible looking for bullets of near or equal weight compared for expansion, penetration, and accuracy. I'm getting ready to expand my horizons so to speak across several different calibers and want to avoid as much wasted effort and $.

B. Regarding the LRX line, is the difference from the TTSX only in ballistic characteristics of the bullet? Or are there terminal differences such as lowered required impact velocities needed for expansion?
Have shot both tips in 7-8 different calibers. Impact/wound channel too similar to notice. TTSX does open up quicker so better on thin skin. Also slightly better BC. Use TSX on Bear or Moose, Elk type animals.
As for LRX, it's a completely different outer geometric design for maximum long range and higher BC. It has a shorter bearing surface, thus the lesser bearing bands and higher velocities.
As to performance, it will open reliably down to 1400fps, whereas TTSX and TSX minimum opening speed is 1600fps if I recall correctly. Terminal performance and wound channel issues are essentially identical to TTSX and TSX.