7mm mag.

bigbuck14

I bought a 7mm mag. Mauser, it shoots the S/B 139 gr. bullets great, the empty brass are lightly scratched, if I try to shoot anything else in it the brass gets scratched and some manufacturer bullets the bolt won't hardly close, I took it to a gun Smith and asked if maybe it might have a headspacing problem, he told me to just shoot it that would fix my problem, I'm no gunsmith but that doesn't sound right to me, can anyone help me out here?

Like zr said. First off if you told the smith it was scratching your brass a chamber inspection should have been done. Also a 1 minute worth of his time to run a few headspace guages in it.
A few reasons your bolt closes hard on some of them. 1 it could be tight on the headspace or not sized enough. 2 it could be seating depth of your bullets.
You don't mention if all loads are factory new or are handloaded.
Try putting a big wet patch of clr in the chamber and letting it soak. Then clean it out. You may have some carbon build up in there.
Shep

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.