7mm mag.

bigbuck14

Just have a question I need an answer to, I have a Mauser sporter chambered in 7mm magnum, I tried several different manufacturer bullets and different weight grains, I bought this gun used, it shoots the Sellier and Bellot 139gr. Soft points like a dream, I would rather shoot the Winchesters in it now to my question if I shoot anything else other than the S/B it scratches the brass up and sometimes its hard to get the empty brass out, also it hard to get the bolt to close, what would cause this? I'm no gunsmith but I did take it to a gunsmith in my local city, I asked if maybe it had a headspacing problem, without even looking at the gun he said I need to shoot it and shoot it alot and that would take care of my problem, that doesn't sound right to me but like I said I'm no gunsmith, just need someone else's input on this please

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.