7mm mag

^^^ WOW can't believe you missed the whole target at 100 yards!! ;) Looks like your rifle likes that load........

It seems the 7mm rem mag has fallen out of favor for the latest and greatest. I see a lot of complaints about it being belted but I have never had a single issue. The only failures experienced have been after a half dozen reloads the necks crack because I don't anneal. I use a RCBS FL die, set after the first firing. The attached picture is: @100 yrs. 160 grn Nosler Accubond, with 69 grns of H1000 in a Hornady case and CCI LR Mag primer out of an old Weatherby Vanguard with a Leopold VX-1 off a Harris bipod. The one outlier was me flinching as someone fired a large caliber right next to me. Still not bad for a newby.

Attachments

• IMG_0338.JPG
    IMG_0338.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 205
Looks good and sounds good just wish I had some one to show me the proper sizing on it so I knew I was getting it right. I have been neck sizing only as of late

Yes muddrunner2005 that i agree with 100 percent each vitiating is different and I am trying to set up for what my experiences have been for where and what I hunt. Again Thanks for the input.

^^^ WOW can't believe you missed the whole target at 100 yards!! ;) Looks like your rifle likes that load........
Yeah it's not the fastest load, but it is the most accurate! Shooting 2985fps. I had the rifle purpose built for the 168vld's. It'll shoot.25 moa pretty much all day long.

Looks good and sounds good just wish I had some one to show me the proper sizing on it so I knew I was getting it right. I have been neck sizing only as of late
That's how you properly resize belted cases for accuracy. Once you get bolt resistance when closing the bolt on a belted case, it's time to full-length resize the cases. Then back to neck sizing, until you get bolt resistance again, then FL resize again, then repeat the process.

Either H4350/IMR4350/AA4350 and 150-160gr bullets go very well together! Usually the slower powders as mentioned do well also. Lots of good choices. Then, you have some newer powders, like R17 and R26, among many others. I got terrific speed/accuracy in my last 7mm Rem Mag with 160gr/R26 and R33 with the 175gr. Both great powders IMO.
The old standbys Rl 22& Rl19!

I am about 32 thousandths off. O.A.L 3.307. I quit messing with length until I get speed found. Or will the length be pretty much the same on different loads as far as what it likes.

Well that's what I'm starting to think to but I like this particular rifle it shoots very well and is pretty light

Dang Rick! You are going to have to 'settle down" during your benchrest technique...I can still see 'a little of the edge"...you know the goal is "perfect .284" hole! ha Great shooting pard!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.