7mm mag elk bullet

ive had three accu bonds fail to open at 600 pluss yds not at the same hunt .ill stick with my bergers goo shootinggun)

I think the AB's are a good bullet as long as you have some velocity remaining but this is the same experience I've had as well. I have posted in the past that they are good for 600 yards and under. That of course depends on what rifle (muzzle velocity) you have. I have not found them to open reliably at 1800' as advertised.....Rich.....FIRE AWAY:D

yes my bergers shoot at 3025 consistantlly but the a/b vary so much in velocity that at a 1000 yds they bleed off so much there not dependable.I use jbm program for my bc and theres no comparison. good shootinggun)

Iam no expert but if you dont have to shoot a copper bullet dont. I have shoot the barnes ttsx 7mm 140 gr. for 3 years because it is law they have killed very few animals in 1 shot and bullet expension is very poor at 3400 fps. The 160 gr. nab is a good bullet 1800 fps. in a 7mm. gets you out there a long ways.Lead bullets are better choice hornaday makes a great bullet.

I beleive the berger has a lead core? I use the barnes in my 348 when im in thick cover works well so far thanks. good shootinggun)

i have shot both nosler accubonds and barnes ttsx i have loaded the same round for both the same powder, case, primer etc the only difference was the bullets i shot my gong at 400 yards the noslers left a little discoloured matk and the barnes penetrated 1/2 an inch i was sold from then on, on the barnes you may want to look at the new barnes bullets the lrx same price as the ttsx but a better bc and open up at a much slower velocity i think they will open up all the way down to 1600 - 1400 fps.

i have shot both nosler accubonds and barnes ttsx i have loaded the same round for both the same powder, case, primer etc the only difference was the bullets i shot my gong at 400 yards the noslers left a little discoloured matk and the barnes penetrated 1/2 an inch i was sold from then on, on the barnes you may want to look at the new barnes bullets the lrx same price as the ttsx but a better bc and open up at a much slower velocity i think they will open up all the way down to 1600 - 1400 fps.

Sheep....I'm not trying to be argumentive and I have no problem with anyone using the Barnes, but a dent in a metal plate should not be the determining factor of which is a good hunting bullet. If that was true, an armour piercing would be the best choice!.....My opinion.....Rich

cool, I must have had a odd one It did kill him but the bullet tore up the far shoulder. went back to bergers although my freinds boy had a hard time putting down a small buck last year . he contacted berger they said he had gotten a bad batch .sent him a new box but? thats why we try em all i guess.gun)

From a few friends from Canada who shoot Moose?
The 160 accubond is a bad *** bullet on Moose .300 MAG or .7MM MAG.
Give it a lung shot an Elk may run a few 10 yards a Moose will start walking in circles or lay down in its tracks.
Even with a .270 or a .3006 the Accubond is great on Moose or Elk.

Sheep....I'm not trying to be argumentive and I have no problem with anyone using the Barnes, but a dent in a metal plate should not be the determining factor of which is a good hunting bullet. If that was true, an armour piercing would be the best choice!.....My opinion.....Rich

I kinda agree with you there but my thoughts were what would happen when hitting an elk sholder would it bounce off or blast right through.
I always comes down to personal prefference anyway. If one bullet was better than the rest the rest of them would be out of business.

the bergers don,t bounce off they go through the shoulder 1n about 6 or 9 inches and jelly the vitals i have only found pieces of the jacket never any bullet core they expend all the energy in the critter. and i have shot animals fromm 100 to 1.000 plus yds

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.