7mm groups @ 200

Blaser7

Hi I'm new too this forum and it's m first post.
Ive just worked up load for my7mm rm which consistently shoots .5 moa groups @ 100 yds but when I take it to 200'it opens up to 2".. Has anyone experienced this as I was expecting '1" at least.. Am I asking for to much.
My load is 140ttsx 67g of re19 fed 215m primers in Norma brass'... They are cronyed at 3120...

Some times it just does not work out like it should. You are not asking to much. I do load development at 400 yards for just that reason. I would shoot farther out, make a note of your current load and then go back to the drawing board and retune it at 2-400 yards, then check it at max range before settling on a load. I have a dragunov that does 1.5"@100...... 3"@200.....4"@500......and 12" @ 1000.......... can't explain it.....sometimes you just have to shoot em to figure out what they will do.

Just a thought but have you cleaned lately with a good copper cleaner like BoreTech Eliminator? The coid copper bullets do foulw a bore faster and that will show up more at distance.

Jeff

Barrel is clean...I just thought a group .5 or better @ 100 will shoot at 200+.... I've played with the charge up and down half a grain not much change... Il try another powder maybe or different projectile...
Thanks for replys

check scope parallax. If the parallax is set properly for 100 and you shoot there, then go to 200 without correcting parallax, there will be some aiming error introduced that can open the group.

Take care,
-Bryan

whats the BC on those Barnes even w/ a little wind it could be blowing them bullets around. Try a High BC bullet to see what you get. I just looked it up and it's only .412, Try a higher BC bullet if you don't use flags for load development.

I've read other forums and Emailed barnes they tell me the 140ttsx are good out to 500yds..... I'm only looking at taking shot out to say 350yds...the scope is a Z6 2-12-50 Swarovski with no parralax adjustment....

both of my 7mm shoot better at 200 then 100, this was today at 200yards
IMG_0361.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

I noticed at 100 yards the bullets are not yet stabilized, try making a load for 200 yards

I use 70.5 retumbo, Berger 168 VLD

also 200 with this rifle 7mm
7mm.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

Nice I would be more than happy with those groups... Il try vlds and see how I go...
Cheers guys

Before you waste time on different bullets you need to look back at a previus answer to your problem.

Most likely the reason is your scope not having a parralax adjustment.

Set your rifle on target and without touching it look thru the scope and see how much the cross hairs move on the target.

Actually I just checked it and there is movement in the cross hairs....I just shot a 100 yd group and it shot .4.... So it seems like a parrallax problem... Il have try a scope with parralax adjustment...is there any other way around this error...

Repeatable mounting. If you settle behind the rifle exactly the same everytime, parallax will not be a problem. Does your rifle fit you well? LOP? eye relief? cheek hight and angle?

Yes rifle is a good fit...not sure which way to go now...I'd like to give these 1400ttsx a go they kill awesome in my 300wm.... And they shoot good groups...@ 100-200 m...

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.