200 gr 7mm bullets

J E Custom

I will be receiving some 200grain wildcat bullets soon and was wondering if anyone
had tried them and what were the results ?

I have completed my 7mm ULTRA MAG and want to try them out.

It has a 28" Lilja barrel with a 1 in 9 twist.

Any information would be greatly appreciated

J E CUSTOM

ss7mm

I've been using them since they first came out and think they are great. You just need the right barrel and the horsepower to put them downrange. I've killed several head of game with them and all were with very satisfactory results.

I've shot some of the new Wildcats and they gave the same results and I just received a bucket of the 200 grainers and plan on continuing shooting them. The downrange results will put a smile on your face.:)

I've tried them in a 1:10 barrel and they wouldn't stabilize and beyond 200 yards or so they just didn't like the barrel.

I've shot them in a 1:7 and they worked find and now shoot them in a 1:8.5 and they are great.

Good luck and I'm sure you'll like them.

Buffalobob

If you run advanced search on Wildcat under user name DaveWilson you will hit a lot of threads back into year 2005. A lot of RUM Sendero users tried them. You can look at the twists they were using and the speeds they were achieving. Should also give you a leg up on powders to use.

There are several factors beyond twist that influence the bullets.

Recent Posts

Latest Classifieds

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce