7mm 162eldX 1mile bullet recovery

I ran some H1000 loads over a Magnetospeed, 69.5 gr got 2957, I'll be happy with that.

Question on your OGB of 2.731, did you modify the magazine? The longest I can get with consistently reliable feeding is 2.675".

P
I never tried to feed them in the magazine. Just single fed for testing. It was a factory rem700 sendero. It's been shipped off for a truing and proof research carbon barrel, so I don't have it right now. I did achieve .5moa out of the 225eldM and .4moa with the 212eldX at 100meters. Didn't get speed but best accuracy on both bullets was .010" off the lands.

Edit: oops...I just realized in this loading I was referring to a 300wm.

The 2.731 is OGB for my 7rem and it is a tikka t3 that I single load as well. I want to seat some to mag length and accuracy test but I haven't tried yet.
James

I never tried to feed them in the magazine. Just single fed for testing. It was a factory rem700 sendero. It's been shipped off for a truing and proof research carbon barrel, so I don't have it right now. I did achieve .5moa out of the 225eldM and .4moa with the 212eldX at 100meters. Didn't get speed but best accuracy on both bullets was .010" off the lands.

The 2.731 is OGB for my 7rem and it is a tikka t3 that I single load as well. I want to seat some to mag length and accuracy test but I haven't tried yet.
James

Dang, I was hoping for a different answer. I'm developing loads for a hunting rifle, not a single shot.

P

Great picture and much thanks as I am seriously considering the ELX/X as my do-kill-all bullet and are going to begin load development soon. I'm no ballistics expert but that level of expansion below 1500fps is nothing short of truly amazing.

I have done a rather large amount of shooting bullets into soaked/drained news print and must admit it's HUGE fun. A friend of mine brother was severely decrying NPT's, Hornady I/Loks as junk because he claimed they basically came apart and failed to penitrait news print more than 5-7". I came to find out he was to lazy to soak the news print and tightly packed taped bundles of DRY news print in boxes and shot them.

He had a rather dumbfounded look on his face when I explained failing to completely saturate the news print meant he was basically shooting into the equivalent of soft wood and I doubted ANY bullet designed and intended for a hunting application would fair vary well and his test was utterly meaningless.

I am stock piling news papers now and soon will have enough to test some bullets, likely Hornady I/LOK's & ELD-X's, NPT's, NBT's, NAB's and Sierra BTGK's as that is what I have on hand. Gives me a reason to do some shooting during the high temp doldrums of summer.

James

LSJ,
I also own a Tikka T3 and it's scarry accurate. I also are faced with a limited COAL by the magazine, but found out you can install a LA bolt stop and then use a magazine intended for much longer cartridges and still have reliable feeding there by solving the problem of to short of a COAL.

I plan on doing this VERY simple modification, but have been prevented because finding a LA bolt stop has been so far impossible as no one I can find has any in stock.

If you're able to locate a AM LA bolt stop you will gain considerable length to set your COAL to.

I will keep looking till I find one.

I think I'm done with load development, as soon as I load more of these and confirm. Funny thing, the first two are touching and I called the third left before I looked.

IMG_0406_zpso4nwkjf4.jpg

This combination holds velocity waaaaay beyond my skill level. I need to shoot a few more over the Magnetospeed, too, since the ones I clocked were a little longer, at 2.674".

P

LSJ,
I also own a Tikka T3 and it's scarry accurate. I also are faced with a limited COAL by the magazine, but found out you can install a LA bolt stop and then use a magazine intended for much longer cartridges and still have reliable feeding there by solving the problem of to short of a COAL.

I plan on doing this VERY simple modification, but have been prevented because finding a LA bolt stop has been so far impossible as no one I can find has any in stock.

If you're able to locate a AM LA bolt stop you will gain considerable length to set your COAL to.

I put a LA bolt stop on a T3 7mm-08 with excellent results.

IMG_0378_zpss1ia4ano.jpg

These loads will not fit in a SA magazine.

The rifle referenced on the post you quoted, however, is already a LA, so it already has the LA bolt stop.

P

OK guess I'll post one of my own
From my Tikka T3 SST/SYN 300wsm all 100 yard groups.

Attachments

• 20170608_130031.jpg
    20170608_130031.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 76
Same rifle, same load as 1mile(7mm 162eldX)
275yd Large boar recovery. Hit this pig on the run far back in the ribs angling into guts. It was poor shot placement by my standards but with violent expansion he was DRT. Bullet was sticking out of his thick hide just in front of hip on the offside.
James

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 57
LSJ,

I have an extra, send me a PM for a price.

P

I am going to try these out of my 300wm as soon as I can(2-3 weeks)

You should a much higher BC with the 212eld than with the 200accubond and you wont compromise any speed out of your 300ax!

You should also look at the ELD-M 225gr it has a G1 of .777, I am going to test those to for accuracy and terminal preformance. I bet they will flatten an Aoudad!!

James

I hope you have more than a 1-10 twist barrel for the 225's so you don't blame the bullet for poor results. Honady's testing and development was done with a 1-9 twist barrel with the 225's.

I hope you have more than a 1-10 twist barrel for the 225's so you don't blame the bullet for poor results. Honady's testing and development was done with a 1-9 twist barrel with the 225's.

I was confused when I posted about the 300wm. I tjought I was on a different thread, this was supposed to be about 7mm 162eldX

However, I got .5"MOA with a factory rem 1:10twist barrel but it's being rebarreled as I type with a Proof carbon 1:9.4 twist. So don't worry, I am not complaining about eldM accuracy.
Thank you for the warning
James

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.