7mm-08 vs 284 Win vs 280 AI in a lightweight rifle?

Yes you are slightly afraid that the/08 will do everything you ask .Just might cause a landslide sell off of the fancy rifles.Light,short barreled and easy to shoot..sounds convincing

Yes you are slightly afraid that the/08 will do everything you ask .Just might cause a landslide sell off of the fancy rifles.Light,short barreled and easy to shoot..sounds convincing

Most of me does realize the 7mm-08 will do everything I ask it too. I'm not sure why I always have this want to make things faster, louder, harder to control, and effectively... less comfortable (whether that's guns, cars, or motorcycles).

I have $0 invested into this rifle. I'm going to seriously just try to shoot it for a while and then form an opinion. I may like it just as it is.

I've been playing with the numbers like Mudrunner suggested. It's helped convince me to leave it a 7mm-08 for a while.

Most of me does realize the 7mm-08 will do everything I ask it too. I'm not sure why I always have this want to make things faster, louder, harder to control, and effectively... less comfortable (whether that's guns, cars, or motorcycles).

I have $0 invested into this rifle. I'm going to seriously just try to shoot it for a while and then form an opinion. I may like it just as it is.

I've been playing with the numbers like Mudrunner suggested. It's helped convince me to leave it a 7mm-08 for a while.

I see we suffer from the same curse... But sometimes you just have bite the bullet and realize that what you have and what you can modify cheaply enough (especially with modern component technology)...MIGHT exceed your current expectations of it. Happened to me a few times with cartridges I was told (or read online) weren't all they were cracked up to be... Namely, my .25-06 AI and .30-06 AI. I was told not to waste my time, but glad I didn't listen in the end. Having both of them completely changed my whole outlook on them.

Go ahead and ream that chamber to an Improved version and see what happens. If you want, I can draw up a cartridge on my program with some series dimension improvements for you to give to Manson or whomever you want to build your chamber and sizing die reamer, and send it to you in a PM.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.