7lrm and 168 lrab

howco

A friend is getting ready to have his custom delivered. He really desires to start load development with the 168 long range accubond. Any info with start loads, jump or negatives you have with load would be appreciated. Gunwerks states h1000 is used with the bergers. Cold shoulder when inquired about nosler data.

A friend is getting ready to have his custom delivered. He really desires to start load development with the 168 long range accubond. Any info with start loads, jump or negatives you have with load would be appreciated. Gunwerks states h1000 is used with the bergers. Cold shoulder when inquired about nosler data.

Hey you got the same shoulder they gave me at least. I think that shoulder must be getting sore from what I hear from other people as well.

No kidding, and it was stated that the reamer was just purchased from them. I respect Gunwerks, those guys are sharp. They have a loyalty to Mr Berger, which is fine. However they want this cartridge to take off, something could be under developed with short side opinions. We have a recipe, when their loaded ammo was pulled.

I guess they figure if your gonna shoot their caliber then you should only shoot their load. I like the guys at GW but their customer relations dept could use an upgrade.

First let me state that we do not have a relationship with Berger, and we all know they are not the perfect bullet. We still use their bullets because we have thousands of customers with ammo loaded with them. Times are changing and the long range bullet selection is getting better and better (Thank Goodness). We do not have an opinion or starting loads for the LRAB's 168 or 175 because we have not shot enough of them to have one. I can tell you that my 7 LRM does not like them close to the lands. Accuracy started coming around about 70 thou off. I was shooting the 175's and they were shooting about 5/8" at 100. I have not had the change to load them any deeper yet, but I suspect that accuracy will improve from the shooting I have done. I am worried about getting into a compressed load loading them too much deeper and I might have to switch to the 168's. Even if we had loads that were shooting lights out we would not recommend any bullet until we have many kills with them in the field, and can confirm that they perform on game. A bullet needs to perform on game to be a good option in our line of work. On a side note the 162 AMAX's and the 168 LRX bullets are shooting lights out. I am running about 70 grains of Retumbo on both of those loads, with a 215 primer, 20 thousands off. It is a bit slow at 3025 fps but the groups are too good to make me load it hotter.

My rifle is an 8 twist, most of the LR1000's are 8.5's. I went with an 8 so maybe somebody will get some 190 plus grain bullet out!! Anybody tried other powder besides H1000 or Retumbo???

Wingnut... Perfect! Thanks for setting me straight on the berger/bullet issue. My buddy also has an 8 twist barrel, three groove. Just trying to pin down some start load info and feedback with accubonds. We will start with those amax's. Appreciate the information

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts