7828 ssc what can i expect

I remember loading 7828 in my 340 Bee, and then switching to the new 7828ssc. I looked back into my log book and found that I was running 88gr of 7828 with 250gr SGKs at 2950fps, and with 7828ssc I was getting that velocity with that bullet at just 87gr.
same lot of powder and the same day running it over the clock?

same lot of powder and the same day running it over the clock?
No, but years of shooting each, on my own range, mostly after hay season through winter, all noted with dates. Hundreds of loads each from which I can reasonably draw an average. I sold the 340 this fall, and it was...."experienced". Lots of rounds down that tube. As far as lots, the 7828 was all one lot. Currently I have one pound of new ssc that's a different lot from the other stuff, which i just opened for the 7 PRC.

Going to be loading up three of each in the 7 PRC using 68gr in thrice-fired Hornady brass, Fed 215s and 175 ABLRs . When I get a break to shoot, I'll run them one then the other and so on. I'm interested to see velocity and POI differences. Or not. It's about 34 degrees and really overcast. Tomorrow will be a better day for the chrony.

Attachments

• powpow.jpg
    powpow.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 12
Going to be loading up three of each in the 7 PRC using 68gr in thrice-fired Hornady brass, Fed 215s and 175 ABLRs . When I get a break to shoot, I'll run them one then the other and so on. I'm interested to see velocity and POI differences. Or not. It's about 34 degrees and really overcast. Tomorrow will be a better day for the chrony.
I'll be interested in your results 👍🏼

I would also be interested in your results! Just about ready to start testing loads.

I'll be interested in your results 👍🏼
All loaded up and ready for tomorrow. I erred above, as I had H1000 loads on the brain. Checking my load data, I decided to load each catridge with a powder charge with 65.5gr. That is 1/2 gr less than the max I have worked up to so far with the ssc. Since it's a comparison, and the fill volume appears close, it shouldn't matter.

All loaded up and ready for tomorrow. I erred above, as I had H1000 loads on the brain. Checking my load data, I decided to load each catridge with a powder charge with 65.5gr. That is 1/2 gr less than the max I have worked up to so far with the ssc. Since it's a comparison, and the fill volume appears close, it shouldn't matter.
When I first got the ssc I just loaded it up at my normal charge (well below max) of 7828 in my 280 Remington and didn't notice any poi difference. This was many years ago and I didn't have a chronograph.