75 grn. hornady match .223

skiingbear

Any suggestions on using h335 with this bullet. I really like the Hornady factory 75 grn. tap load in .223.

Skiingbear,

First suggestion, go with another powder. H335 is a great powder, but a bit fast to give best velocities with this heavy a bullet.try RL-15, Varget or N140 and I think you'll see better velocities and better accuracy.

The H335 is fine for this cartridge, but really better suited to the lighter to mid range bullet weights.

Thank You. I will go with Varget. But RL 15 sounds good. This is the first time I have been past 69 grain. Do you have any good ideas on where to start?

Anything Varget will do, RL-15 will do, and vice versa. Both are good choices for this weight. With the Varget, I'd go with somewhere around 24.0 grains, give or take a few tenths. Should give you somewhere around 2700-2750 fps, depending on your barrel.

Hope that helps!

Worked up a load with varget with the 75gr bullet and with the 69 RL-15 did a good
job.......Now you figure....

I loaded a box this morning. With Varget 24 grains, it done good. I shoot them at 200 they did as good as the tap loads.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.